Niagara fisheries are truly amazing

Tom Chopin

We took a client from overseas out yesterday on the Niagara River. He had two goals to catch a musky and a trout.

Started with Musky in the upper, landed 3 with the biggest around 40-42 inches(will post pic when I get it) lost two more that came unbuttoned in about 3 hours, we then fished smallies for 1/2 hour landing a 3 and a 4 pounder. We pulled the boat out and headed to the lower river stopping to view the falls and again to view the whirlpool. Amazing colors right now! Launched out of queenston and fished the american side and went 2/3 on lakers in the next hour. 3 totally different species in one day. Needless to say we sent home one happy traveller. We are lucky to have such a diverse fishery, all this at our back door.

Congrats Tom , it's great to see success stories like this ! I'm sure your client will be telling his friends about the great time he had today . It would be nice to catch spekkies in the Niagara too ! :)

Nice..... not that I ever have, or intend to, but if you're fishing in a boat on the lower river on the american side, do you need an american licence?

technically, yes. but as with anything else in society, it's only illegal if you get caught doing it. LOL.

technically, yes. but as with anything else in society, it's only illegal if you get caught doing it. LOL.

If your Canadian you will be caught more then likely, Never seen the Canadian boats bothering the Americans on our side tho!

canadians get screwed, as the yankee's love their power, and will make sure you get checked.

americans never need a canadian license...as we are retarded, and cant even get a boat on the water to even check.

Lol I'm Dual Citizen and agree, If both sides came to a middle ground it would be perfect. America is too harsh on a lot of stuff and Canada is way too soft! Maybe if we stopped giving new families to this country money to open up Busy Bee's and Gas stations, we could afford to have a few more boats out! Maybe even if we just enforced the laws we already had we could make enough as well on tickets and such! Sure glad my family all got there boating cards and fishing license, I have never been stopped in the boat and I fish a lot, all over Ontario. So in my 11 years of needing a license I have wasted a lot of money lol!

Guest niagarariverpro
NICE! what are the water temps now? Wondering if its to cold for my Kayak, its the only way to get out ont he water for me.

Nice Tom!! very nice...

charlie.. your whacked dude... kayak in the cold water? have fun with that

Nice Tom!! very nice...

No worries on that Cliff. thats what a survival suit is for. Plus the seat on my Kayak is padded and off the bottom of the Kayak. 52 degrees is not to bad, i have waded in colder temps without waders.

Nice Tom!! very nice...

Charlie if I don't go hiking on Sunday I'll be trouting from a kayak as well. I have a 9:30 am class for drum making Sunday but I'll be getting out in the aft.

Charlie if I don't go hiking on Sunday I'll be trouting from a kayak as well. I have a 9:30 am class for drum making Sunday but I'll be getting out in the aft.

just give me ring at home, I will be home most of the day. Hopefully these winds didn't mess up the river too bad.

Archived