New Michigan State Record Musky

Smokin Joe

Wow that's bigger than me !! The guy must have a strong arm to hold the ski like that ! It sure has a good girth and those fins are very red for a ski . What a freakin monster !!

Hey guys

To me...that photo looks altered. Maybe it is something simple like the fish was close cropped and the curves (colour, contast, saturation) has been upped to make the fish look better then it did in the original. I am a graphic designer and this is something I do for a living and have been doing it a long time and normally if I see a photo and my brain quickly says "HEY" normally that means something is not right with the shot. I'm not saying this is a farce...but something isn't right here.

For instance, look at how he is holding this fish up. Based on the photo it looks like he has his right index and next finger only in the gills holding this monster up. Plus his fingers would need to be almost straight out for him to be holding it up at that angle. Plus, near the bottom of the shot the fish seems like it is 4-5 feet away from him. Not sure if that is possible if the fish is not flexing or flopping. All that said, his biceps is pretty big and definitely flexed, so is his forearm so I might be way wrong here.

Who knows but to me, the fish just looks like it was cropped and placed into this shot. The lighting is not the same as the guy holding it.

Who knows.

Later

Lushis

You should always use higher test line while fishing for muskie. Playing a fish out for sport is not what one should do while muskie fishing. There are other species for that that can endure long play times. The more time muskies are played out the more chance they have of dying. High test braid is highly recommended along with a beefy rod. Lighter line also causes break offs, and for a musky with a bait that size means death. This is the position of not only myself, but all muskie associations. Keep the fish in the water at all times in a deep net and remove quickly and horizontally for a pic if desired.

It doesn't look real to me either. Playing the fish to utter exhaustion isn't giving the fish much of a chance by the time they get released, not to mention the hook removal and picture both being out of water. Stress levels need to be kept to a minimum in order to ensure the survival of the fish we catch.

RB

Hey guys

To me...that photo looks altered. Maybe it is something simple like the fish was close cropped and the curves (colour, contast, saturation) has been upped to make the fish look better then it did in the original. I am a graphic designer and this is something I do for a living and have been doing it a long time and normally if I see a photo and my brain quickly says "HEY" normally that means something is not right with the shot. I'm not saying this is a farce...but something isn't right here.

For instance, look at how he is holding this fish up. Based on the photo it looks like he has his right index and next finger only in the gills holding this monster up. Plus his fingers would need to be almost straight out for him to be holding it up at that angle. Plus, near the bottom of the shot the fish seems like it is 4-5 feet away from him. Not sure if that is possible if the fish is not flexing or flopping. All that said, his biceps is pretty big and definitely flexed, so is his forearm so I might be way wrong here.

Who knows but to me, the fish just looks like it was cropped and placed into this shot. The lighting is not the same as the guy holding it.

Who knows.

Later

Lushis

It makes sense. I too am thinking of trickery to make something look bigger. I want to get a tattoo of a much larger schlong, on my schlong. To trick the ladies.

It makes sense. I too am thinking of trickery to make something look bigger. I want to get a tattoo of a much larger schlong, on my schlong. To trick the ladies.

Would that work?? I need all the help I can get

I'm convinced that all of the photos are legit, and not edited in any way. Photographs, especially high-quality, digital ones, can be deceiving at times...

Field & Stream has been in existence since the late 1800's, and I can't see them deceiving a readership that consists of generations of anglers.

That's one hell of a fish! Some serious chompers there!

What's the biggest musky that has been pulled out of Gibson?

I'm convinced that all of the photos are legit, and not edited in any way. Photographs, especially high-quality, digital ones, can be deceiving at times...

Field & Stream has been in existence since the late 1800's, and I can't see them deceiving a readership that consists of generations of anglers.

That's one hell of a fish! Some serious chompers there!

What's the biggest musky that has been pulled out of Gibson?

Agreed.

Gibson.... over four feet.

wow now thats what I call a muskie and some nice colored fins to boot and I agree with the over 4 foot muskie caught in lake gibson there are some big muskie in there for that size and that shallow of a lake

Photo? :dunno:

There are some prize fish caught locally that won't make it to an open forum.

Most understand why.

The fish in Gibson are more or less land locked. Except for the odd fish that gets pulled

into the turbines at the generating plant. Even at that, I think there must be

screens or something that prevents that.

Being land locked and full of bait fish, some nice fish can be caught.

One just needs to put in the time, as there is no such thing as a secret spot

on the Gibson shores.

Of course I'm talking about the larger toothie critters.

Without photographic proof, it sounds like just another fisherman's story...

But I guess I'll take your word for it.

If Gibson doesn't have any "secret spots" (which I don't entirely believe), then what's the harm in posting a photo of a musky that was pulled from her?

I promise I won't harp on you if you black out the background. :dunno:

Archived