Ice Breakers

Smokin Joe

I was out snapping pics for the report the other day. i can't remember if I clicked that but yes.... it has formed.

Alex

Did I say something wrong by some chance? If so I didn't mean to if I was the cause of some bad mojo. Sorry. On the flipside of the coin I know where you guys are coming from. I started to have the same feeling the other day... had 500+ views.. no replies (until a couple guys chimed in... which I appreciated). Like my wife says "why waste your time out there?". I'm starting to see her logic.

Alex

Guest Ultyma316
Did I say something wrong by some chance? If so I didn't mean to if I was the cause of some bad mojo. Sorry. On the flipside of the coin I know where you guys are coming from. I started to have the same feeling the other day... had 500+ views.. no replies (until a couple guys chimed in... which I appreciated). Like my wife says "why waste your time out there?". I'm starting to see her logic.

Alex

You can still send me and Shayne Pm's! :dunno:

We value your condition reports! :( Same with you Joe :)

It goes the same way with posting reports with pictures of fish.

The thread gets like 2000 views, i get 5 pm's saying awesome pics.. and 3 saying WTF YOU DOING POSTING LOCATIONS GARBLE GARBLE MOOOOOO...

Wheres the other 1992... lol..

I appreciate all condition reports, as I drive from Brantford to get there...

why so sensitive about a forum post?

its only the internets folks...

who cares if 10 people post contradicting reports even..

people you know will trust your view.. people who dont , well.. thats their problem.

Cant take everything you read in the net seriously.

If you dont want incidents of others stomping your threads or trolls viewing but not contributing then join a private invite only forum?

theres plenty of Trolls n' A**'s on the net. and they seem to love public forums.

That's true. You make some good points. As far as being sensitive about it..personally speaking I don't know what the reason is for it in my case. Maybe it was a bad day... I really don't know. Maybe it's the trolls that you mention that are benefiting from the info who contribute nothing to these public forums, when others are going out into the cold to work for these posts. Darn... I really don't know. Believe me, I'm not trying to start anything or be the "proverbial lightning rod of controversy". Just speaking my mind.

I just hope that it wasn't something I said in my post that upset Joe (either one).

Alex

What's the big deal. You reported ice in the river and I thought I would ad some extra info about the ice bridge that could useful. I for one would not like to read 200 post of 'nice fish'. Add something useful or continue reading.

What's the big deal. You reported ice in the river and I thought I would ad some extra info about the ice bridge that could useful. I for one would not like to read 200 post of 'nice fish'. Add something useful or continue reading.

Agreed. That's why I try to post information that can help others.

Alex

Joe I hear ya but buck up man. I usually just throw a temper tantrum, quit the board and sign back up in a couple o weeks :(

I find it frustrating when I see 50 guys getting excited about something like the pen rearing project but we only get one new guy for a week to help out then they drop back leaving the same ole fellas to do the work. Then to top it off we get "why don't you do this and why did you do that" from the outside.

Accept it Joe there are few activists in our field. Anglers and hunters are reclusive by nature and don't like to share. Even in times when game was plentiful there would be wars between tribes for hunting grounds and it's still hardwired into us.

The purpose of a website like this in my eyes is for the guys who don't mind sharing and want to form some sort of community. I have found a few active club members here and promoted some positive stuff. Now if I had my boat in the water I would have commented on your post and replied about the ice dam. Thanks for the info but the 20 or so boats below probably have 1 or 2 that even view this site and the chances of one of them replying is low. Talk to a bigger crowd and you'll get more of a response.

So who's ready for bass opener :dunno: ?

So who's ready for bass opener :dunno: ?

I am I am. BTW 83 days until the trout opener according to a friend.

Alex

Chilli... do you know anything about the TU Chapter for Niagara?

Dan my only beef is that when I put a post up it's either ignored or used to enhance someone elses thread. You know I don't give a rat's a$$ but it still sucks when that happens.

Hey Joe,

Don't have a cow man :D

Some posts stir no interest.

As long as your getting some views and a few replies here and there, all is good.

Being the conspiracy theorist of the site I sometimes wonder if the mods are even

going to let my threads run :(:)

As long as you are getting some views, don't worry about the replys.

Some one is getting info from the threads.

Have a good day Joe

:dunno:

wow...just in time for the mid-winter cabin fever blues. :dunno: i am totally lost as to how this thread ended up in such a bloody carnage of hurt feelings. all i read into it was an appreciated f.y.i. about ice conditions along the niagara. i thought reports like that were rhetorical tidbits posted out of kindness by people who have easy access to info that others don't. that is why board members didn't plug the bandwidth with one-word responses of 'thanks'. i always thought it was implied. what is the socially correct way to reply to such info? i don't post info on the conditions on the niagara because i live in hamilton and don't have access to that kind of daily info but when i read such posts i file it in the appropriate 'Thanks. I appreciate the info.' brain cell. what should i be doing beyond that? for the record joe, i filed your info in its own separate cell under 'Thanks. I appreciate that info too.' and i have lots of cells left over for more such info tidbits. i fail to see how any one of the river condition posts detracted from any other report. what i do clearly see is that the winter funk has set in completely and the next 3 months will see other such odd discussions and for that we must all be forgiven-it is over 80 days till trout opener, after all.

So, if the ice breakers were wrecking havoc on the upper, and the bridge has formed, the guys who fish the upper should be ready to dodge ice bergs. I see no reason to get upset Joe. Joe, next time your in town hit me up, we'll go for beers.

Good point Joe D . I try to balance my answers to posts . One almost feels compelled to answer posts made by fellow fishermen , & just saying, "nice fish" can only be repeated so many times . I try to add more info or when times are slow , crack a little joke etc. When a poster puts in a lot of time , taking photos , sizing, downloading & posting them for us to enjoy , I think it stinks when no replies appear after many hrs. have passed . The poster may not bother to take time to do it again . I have checked other sites & noted , in many cases , a 50 to 1 ratio of hits to replies . Many people look for info to see the what , wheres & whys but don't reply . We have some great newer members here who post very informative & very detailed posts with their knowledge . Fishing sites are all about sharing our experience(s) & having some fun while were at it ........

and SmokinJoe , sometimes certain posts are only relevent to guys who fish that area & may either know the info . or didn't see the post . Be like me......answer your own post like I do sometimes .....kind of like "er....BUMP !!" :D Get your buns across the ditch with Joey & meet us on the ice !

Thanks for the positive post's and PM's guys and gal's I guess I'm just getting a little on the jumpy side having moved back across the boarder :o

Thank you all for the support, and Dan I'll help out with the duck boxes again and I'll bring joey along too. :D

Archived