Niagara and PortD Report and a thank you

Trouts-Only

Well lets just say my day did not end so nice considering i locked my keys in my car at PortD and i live an hour and half away...so after asking a few folks if i can use their CAA...noone wanted to help me except my man Dan(knightfisher)...thanks alot for making every attempt to help me unlock my car...after a bit of searching Dan found a nice weapon of choice to help me open my car...and off to fish port i went...Thanks Dan :).. So i fished Niagara Lower and PortD...fished Niagara in the morning...only saw 2 or 3 fish caught...very very slow day..lots of people...no fish...then went to Port D for an afternoon fish...and yet again...slow...didnt see any fish caught at Port...so my question is....WHAT IS GOING ON WITH OUR FISHING!!! What happened to the good old days....can anyone give their input please...i would love to hear why fishing is in such a downturn....

Thanks Adrian(Trouts-Only)

Looks to me the fishing is good if you know what to use and where to use it. Look at some of the posts from the die hard trout guys. They seem to do well.

well no dont get me wrong...i get my trout here and there...but im comparing to previous years...compared to previous years the numbers of fish have decreased

We have a put and take fishery. I think if if was not for the USA stocking fish There would be no fish at all. I get ALOT of pike and musky bait out of some of the same streams I trout fish in.We have never caught any small trout or salmon.We use a big sane. I don't think any trout or salmon eggs laid live around here. :blahblah1:

Jeff

Your welcome Adrian.

I have no idea why the bite is off this year.

Fished Queenston most of last week and only

saw a few fsih caught. The regulars I talked to all

said the bite was off. Might of had something to do

with the gin clear water there.

Port D has really been off this year. That's why there's

hardly anyone fishing there. As well, the last three Derbies

at Port only produced two fish.

There are a few in Port but not the numbers as in previous years.

:blahblah1:

I agree Adrian......has been slow lately........Thing is, the boats I see are killing them??? Deeper water maybe, rather than 10-15 feet, they have moved out to 15-30fow??

That's my theory???

Shayno

I agree Adrian......has been slow lately........Thing is, the boats I see are killing them??? Deeper water maybe, rather than 10-15 feet, they have moved out to 15-30fow??

That's my theory???

Shayno

Exactly what happens! Lots of fish in the lower with big run of smaller (3-6lbs.) chromers coming into the river over the last few days.

There's plenty of fish around if you know where to look :blahblah1:

The problem is they're full :P

Some eye candy :D

Good Luck ;)

MMMM nice fish Denis...you just made me want to go fishing lol, but i have no clue about the boats...dnt talk to much boaters, any boaters out there that can tell us if you are hitting fish?

Archived