Port D Today

marth11

Well today I walked down to port d for an evening of fishing armed with tubes but used minnows and worms since generous people gave me live bait and well I caught some fish got 5 bass nothing really big except one which was about a buck 50 not a monster but a decent eater so I ate it and it turned out nice and flaky topped with some homemade spicy salsa and it made it awesomer if thats a word if not it is now, also caught a nice white perch as well was a great day out weather wise no big fish but doesn't mean I won't get bigger next time.

P8120442.jpg

my white perch

P8120443.jpg

My niceish smallie

P8120444.jpg

midnight snack

Well today I walked down to port d for an evening of fishing armed with tubes but used minnows and worms since generous people gave me live bait and well I caught some fish got 5 bass nothing really big except one which was about a buck 50 not a monster but a decent eater so I ate it and it turned out nice and flaky topped with some homemade spicy salsa and it made it awesomer if thats a word if not it is now, also caught a nice white perch as well was a great day out weather wise no big fish but doesn't mean I won't get bigger next time.

P8120442.jpg

my white perch

P8120443.jpg

My niceish smallie

P8120444.jpg

midnight snack

Nice fishes, last pic made my mouth water

Nice going Joey , that bass looks like a buck 65 ! :) . It looks like you have a garden at home ? I am eating cheery tomatoes daily now .....mmmmm good ! Did you take the white perch to join the bass for a romp in the fry pan ? They are nice eating after cutting out the lateral line membrane under the skin . Any minnows around there Joey ?

Bill the white perch went back swimming and yes the salsa is from my garden, and there are a few minnows hanging around the marina not many but a few.

B) That's a mouth-watering dish, Joey.......If you cooked that, you're multi-talented........

yes, yes I did cook it and thank you

Nice fish....

I strongly recommend that before you eat anything from this lake you check out this eating guide:

http://www.ene.gov.on.ca/environment/en/resources/collection/guide_to_eating_ontario_sport_fish/STDPROD_075994.html

Looks like your fish was about 14-15"....

Guest Rockfish

Nice fish....

I strongly recommend that before you eat anything from this lake you check out this eating guide:

http://www.ene.gov.on.ca/environment/en/resources/collection/guide_to_eating_ontario_sport_fish/STDPROD_075994.html

I'm sure Joey has read the book front to back and everything in moderation right? Everyone has a choice like when they consume a lot of fast food which u don't really know what's in it. :unsure:

The fish sold at the big super duper store is prob. worse than local fish , but the government would never question imported foods and expose the chemicals they use from other countries . There are many people eating fish from the Great Lakes almost daily , of all species and all sizes & I don't see them glowing in the dark or having kids with 3 eyes........Enjoy your fish dinners . Joey , you are appointed the chef at our next fish bbq ! B)

Hell I just ate the 5 pounder I caught out there. It is posted as a guideline and even still the sample size they use is so small it really doesn't represent enough actual data to prove a point. Look at the trends every one shows a massive decline in mercury, ddt and pcb over the past 20 years. I agree with smerchly I'd rather eat fish I caught that I know where it came from rather than some fish imported from god knows where.

The fish sold at the big super duper store is prob. worse than local fish , but the government would never question imported foods and expose the chemicals they use from other countries . There are many people eating fish from the Great Lakes almost daily , of all species and all sizes & I don't see them glowing in the dark or having kids with 3 eyes........Enjoy your fish dinners . Joey , you are appointed the chef at our next fish bbq ! B)

food for thought; I totally agree with this post.

Pfft who wants to live forever. Have fun, love life, fish and hunt till you don't have hands. Giv'er hell!

you are now my hero and I couldn't agree more with what you just said

Nice fish....

Hey I have read that book from cover to cover and I do take into regards the fish I eat and if you have ever fished with me you know I am the pickiest in size for fish and I only eat 2 meals a month from local waters and I only keep smaller fish that bass was too big in my opinion to keep also I only keep the amount of fish I am planning on eating and or feeding.

Hey I have read that book from cover to cover and I do take into regards the fish I eat and if you have ever fished with me you know I am the pickiest in size for fish and I only eat 2 meals a month from local waters and I only keep smaller fish that bass was too big in my opinion to keep also I only keep the amount of fish I am planning on eating and or feeding.

Joey is a size Queen!!!!!! I know

Archived