Got The Itch

tmate

I'll be out checking some local spots this weekend to see if there is any possible chance of ice fishing! supposed to have another warm spell next week!

This thread in a forum that was linked on here got me craving some fish through the ice:

if only we could get some of these babies around here

I really don't think there is any ice in our area yet that is safe to walk on.I live near a still pond in niagara & it has only about an inch now.Also keep in mind the changing water levels from the last rain/wind storm.If you think you know a spot be extra carfull, this year in paticular.

I went looking for ice to ride ice bikes on theres a little pond in port colborne that has 4" of ice then went to the quary in port there was 4" then the pond on the 140 only had 1-1 1/2" of ice.By me posting this does not mean the ice is safe YOU WILL GO THROUGH!!!!!!

I might fish the quary saturday or rided the pond witch ever comes first.

WRC

Stay safe

I'm gonna guess 4-5 inches were (I think) he is going to go.

Post pic's of your catch bro!

Good Luck. Stay safe. Bring a spud and ALWAYS wear a floater suit no matter how shallow or warm it is out there.

Later

Lushis

there is plenty of ice in cooks bay, and the perch are biting, make the hour drive to gilford. The only ice fishing going on around here this year will be from shore. good thing i have some perch left over from last years ice fishing.

I hope you are right Cliff ,although the long range forecast looks like we will have above normal temps. A lot of us have our ice gear ready to go to fish locally , but I have been doing ok fishing for pike a la soft H2O , & I'm sure the Niagara R. steelhead anglers don't mind this mild winter .

I hope you are right Cliff ,although the long range forecast looks like we will have above normal temps. A lot of us have our ice gear ready to go to fish locally , but I have been doing ok fishing for pike a la soft H2O , & I'm sure the Niagara R. steelhead anglers don't mind this mild winter .

the temps are nice, but if Erie was frozen wind wouldnt effect clarity that much :(

I went looking for ice to ride ice bikes on theres a little pond in port colborne that has 4" of ice then went to the quary in port there was 4" then the pond on the 140 only had 1-1 1/2" of ice.By me posting this does not mean the ice is safe YOU WILL GO THROUGH!!!!!!

I might fish the quary saturday or rided the pond witch ever comes first.

WRC

Stay safe

FYI guys..That pond on the 140 (the one closest to PC) is private property and the guy has been getting a little peeved at the garbage being left there. Just a heads up.

well i went out exploring as promised and found some decent ice..Couldn't venture to far as the ice got thinner the further i went out. Got the skunk today as i kind of expected with all the banging around i did with my spud. I'll be back at it tomorrow but i'll be a lot quieter as my holes will already be drilled :)

icefishss.jpg

icefishs.jpg

well i went out exploring as promised and found some decent ice..Couldn't venture to far as the ice got thinner the further i went out. Got the skunk today as i kind of expected with all the banging around i did with my spud. I'll be back at it tomorrow but i'll be a lot quieter as my holes will already be drilled :)

icefishss.jpg

icefishs.jpg

Nice job finding the ice & coming back in safe!

icefishss.jpg

icefishs.jpg

Where'd you find ice?

Anyone ever go ice fishing on Martindale Pond? I've always wanted to try it out for pike since I've moved to St Catharines, but never heard from anyone who's done it before. I know it's probably not safe now, but I was hoping that it freezes up soon so I can try it out.

ANY info on this would be great. Thanks.

We have had derbies there (Bradley Perzul Memmorial) for the past 5 yrs.or so , but it doesn't look good this year since there is no ice . The next week ahead isn't going to help start up the hard water season , looking at the warm temps . It is 48*F now , the trees are showing signs of budding and the birds are showing :wub: at each other ......as well as these guys sitting in a tree across the road from me in west St.Kitts.........

002.JPG

Archived