Where Has The Bite Gone?

tinycarper

Been wondering if due to the hot hot hot weather the carp bite has slowed/ stopped? Seems like been spoiled last few weeks, ive gone out the last few days and got skunked. And not just me, but most regulars that fish certain areas and are normally highly successfull. Anyhow i don't know, all i know is that I dont like it. Carping is awefully slow when your not catching anything, thank god for my phablet lol makes getting no bites tolleable as watching you tube videos is a great time passer.

I caught about 10 today off of Pier 8 in Hamilton Harbour. It is 26 - 28 ft deep. It generally produces carp at this time of year, It seems to me that it started to produce a little later this year.

I caught about 10 today off of Pier 8 in Hamilton Harbour. It is 26 - 28 ft deep. It generally produces carp at this time of year, It seems to me that it started to produce a little later this year.

Any Pictures? :)

tiny carper I was in wellend on Sunday and Monday...........I nailed a few at the aqueduct and on monday my lady and I nailed 13 fish in 3 hours at the bridge..............

The bridge that is completely littered with garbage, cans of corn, fishing line, cigarette packs and ripped up garbage bags, even though there is a white garbage can ten feet away...........it was sad to see 8 CANS OF CORN in the water with baby ducks trying to pick out the last few niblets out of the cans that were torn open with bottle openers leaving jagged sharp edges that could easily cut a mans hand open let alone a baby duck........................

I picked up one garbage bag of stuff, that was stinking to high heaven, flies all over it and drove it to the nearest large garbage can which was no more than 50 feet away..........

good on ya for picking up after the slobs . It's a losing battle , and we will lose fishing spots because of trash from both anglers and other stupid people . The spot I posted yesterday will soon have a big steel gate for city truck access only , which I will not complain about . I can ride my bike from home to fish the 12 Mile.

Most of the larger fish I caught yesterday were in the deepest part of the 12 , even at high water level . I would say it's about 12 to15' deep where the bigger bass were biting . I had to use 1.5 oz lead sinkers to keep on bottom . (less hang ups from rolling sinkers)

I was at Charles Daley park yesterday morning for about 3 hours fishing the right pond if your facing the highway. The most i have ever caught there was cat fish and the odd silver bass. It was a very slow day i cought one cat and sat there for about 2 hours with nothing but nibbles so i decided to cast out one last time before i called it a day. I sat there for about 20 minutes and was just about to pull my line in when a carp hit my worms and took right off it put up a pretty good fight and made up for the unproductive day i would say it was about 15 pounds but am not positive it was just me there and landing it was a pita because i forgot my net. This was my first carp and I must say it was really fun to catch I hope to catch many more :D

I was at Charles Daley park yesterday morning for about 3 hours fishing the right pond if your facing the highway. The most i have ever caught there was cat fish and the odd silver bass. It was a very slow day i cought one cat and sat there for about 2 hours with nothing but nibbles so i decided to cast out one last time before i called it a day. I sat there for about 20 minutes and was just about to pull my line in when a carp hit my worms and took right off it put up a pretty good fight and made up for the unproductive day i would say it was about 15 pounds but am not positive it was just me there and landing it was a pita because i forgot my net. This was my first carp and I must say it was really fun to catch I hope to catch many more :D

good on ya, congrats on the first carp.......if you want to catch many many more, try sweet corn........take some oats, a can of cream corn, mix it together, sprinkle in some sweet corn. Mould it around a large egg sinker, with a few kernals of sweet corn on the hook, bomb it out and youl get em! Just remember, loosen your drag or its time to a buy a new rod lol

good luck buddy, and congrats!

Thanks I noticed my drag was too tight when I started so I adjusted it as it started to fight. I also had a can of corn with me they didn't seem to pay any attention to it I may have to give that a try.

i went to port for a few hrs this afternoon. couldnt get a hit, i watched small bass & sunfish turn their nose up my worm, they seemed more interested in my bobber. saw a couple big bass & a sucker ignore it as well. the gobies were on fire though.

I went out for a half hour today in front of my house. The fishing was great. Was using a very light set up targeting bass then I decided to put on the corn and whack the carp that were foraging on the surface about 30 seconds after the corn hit the water I had a huge carp on the line 10 lbs and thats massive for the water body I am in. After landing him I cast upstream got 3 more a little smaller then on the 4th who was a bit heavier then the previous 3 wrapped himself around a sunken tree and broke off so then I had to walk back to my house in defeat but lunch was ready so I couldn't complain.

I tried just sweet corn last night I could see all the carp surfacing and jumping so I figured I would cast out in their direction i had a swarm hit my bait but none took. Tried another spot and still nothing so called it a night. On the plus side my son caught his first fish a 2" cat. Any suggestions as to which works better for carp a hair rig with boilies or making a ball with cream corn and oats?

I tried just sweet corn last night I could see all the carp surfacing and jumping so I figured I would cast out in their direction i had a swarm hit my bait but none took. Tried another spot and still nothing so called it a night. On the plus side my son caught his first fish a 2" cat. Any suggestions as to which works better for carp a hair rig with boilies or making a ball with cream corn and oats?

What works best is oats and cream corn moulded around the lead...........use any corn on the hook bait....hair rig is always the best regardless of what you read..........carps can easily blow out a bait that is straight on the hook NOT on a float.....before you know it, fish is gone.....hair rig it on a proper weight and its fish on every time......paylake vs euro lol!

good luck and happy hunting............

you should check out K1 baits.com.............they have everything you need!

The problem with any bait now is gobies, they will attack anything that comes near bottom and looks edible. That's where a Hair Rig comes in, you can use baits harder than what gobies can eat, but still catch carp.

....hair rig is always the best regardless of what you read.........

Well a Hair Rig is not always the best, an HR can be a solution to a bait delivery problem, but a shocker revelation is that having a hook as close to what a fish is eating is better than having a hook several inches away!

Not quite Moses parting the Red Sea, but the biggest carp put up on this forum this year wasn't caught on a Hair.

Large flake oats are one of the ways of defeating the dreaded goby. If you use them, the gobies will eat the individual flakes. Because there are 100's of oat flakes in your oat pack bait this will occupy them and they leave your hook bait alone. I fish goby infested waters all the time and it works. Use " Large Flake Oats " because if you use instant or quick oats they can bind together and will not break apart. It will be like fishing with a 6 oz hard rubber ball on the end of your line. They cost the same so it is no difference to your wallet.

Archived