Pond Hockey

cdnfishguy11

lets get a NFN game goin!!!!!

steelheaders vrs bass guys ;-) theres a no brainer who would win LOL

Just kidding... how do you reflood the ice? a bucket of warm water?

we just bought 1.5 acres and plan on making a big rink for hockey...Ah yes the canadian way... if someone drills a hole in my rink they won't get an invite back either :roflblack:

I had a beautiful (although slightly "smaller") rink every year when I lived in Calgary in my back yard.

Considering in December (November), it would typically get -25C ...

Was pretty easy to lay the foundations and get some great ice going within 2days!

Occassionally, a CHINOOK would blow through ... melt it down, then within 12hrs back to minus 20C.

Man .... I used to get the WORST MIGRAINE HEADACHES (pressure change) out there.

Liked Calgary, but really glad to be in Ontario! Not fishing for Months upon Months was a REAL DOWNER in Alberta.

Nothing beats the Opportunities that we have here.

steelheaders vrs bass guys ;-) theres a no brainer who would win LOL

Just kidding... how do you reflood the ice? a bucket of warm water?

we just bought 1.5 acres and plan on making a big rink for hockey...Ah yes the canadian way... if someone drills a hole in my rink they won't get an invite back either :roflblack:

Okay and every sole on the winning team gets a custom rod from saugeen lol sound good??

I started a rink a couple weeks back, after seeing the long range was actually calling for cold. Now I have a 90X40 pond at the side of my house. I just had it going perfect too, and put the last flood to it the other night. My little guy got to use it once.

Did it the old fashioned way, by compressing the snow and building the banks, and spraying it. Way too much work to have it melt away!

Archived