Thoughts?

honeyv

http://youtu.be/Q1_mS6gb7BI

Came across this disgusting video this morning. Is this even legal in any zone? Even though I don't agree, I'm not even sure how they put the nets down there... Has anyone seen this done before?

http://youtu.be/Q1_mS6gb7BI

Came across this disgusting video this morning. Is this even legal in any zone? Even though I don't agree, I'm not even sure how they put the nets down there... Has anyone seen this done before?

There are numerous jurisdictions inside and outside Ontario where commercial netting is still permitted. This video, I believe, is either Manitoba or Saskatchewan. Quite legal on reservation lands.

If you've ever noticed, Sobeys often has frozen pike fillets available, March through May, harvested in Manitoba. This is how they are caught. It is a traditional form of winter harvest.

Very few cultures view fish as recreational playtoys.

Yeah I figured that it might be some sort of Native rights thing...Never crossed my mind that it could be commercial though, since I rarely buy fish from Sobeys. Any idea on how they set the nets through the ice?

I posted Lake Winnipeg Walleye a couple years back. Its in that post.

Cool to see how its done.

Drifter, I couldnt find the video... The only thing that I could think of is of doing it somewhere that there's a current and tying something that floats to a rope and drilling two holes and letting the current take it to the other hole then pulling the rope thats tied to the net to spread it. Might sound ridiculous... but it's all I got.

Legal or not pulling a fish out a live fishes stomach is cruel and unhumain.

Fish don't feel pain, there brain is to small and don't have the capability, otherwise us dragging them around by the lips would be considered cruel as well don't ya think lol

hmmm its showing just fine on my laptop......anyone else having this issue???

Nope, I see the vids just fine!

Archived