Scugog Fisherman To Pay Rescue Bill

nwillz

Boog, I get where you're coming from. Impossible to eliminate human emotion/error. However in your scenario, it wouldn't have been the initial callers fault for the escalation of emotions. When you stated no sympathies, I thought you were implying that the man should be responsible for paying the whole bill.

I heard NY state charges a fine for Erie ice rescues!

There's a big difference between a couple hundred dollar fine versus a several thousand dollar invoice. I'm all for fining people to try to deter them from doing stupid things. Trying to make an example out of someone by sticking them with a $5000 bill is a whole 'nother story.

Ok, so when there are warnings that the roads are really bad and someone drives, gets in a accident because of the bad conditions. Should they be billed as well?

People always drive in conditions which are warned not to drive, always accidents.

Funny you came up with that senario, chasin_musky. Did anyone see the report on TV 11 news last night of the guy who had to pull his car over on the QEW cuz his car hood flew up and was blocking his view?

Anyhoo, he pulls over and someone who saw him parked at the side of the highway called 911. Some Police and a Lincoln County firetruck came to the scene. A few days later, this guy gets a bill in the mail for a few hundred bucks because the firetruck resonded to the rescue!!!

What the heck is going on??? That guy didn't even call 911!

Why not take it a couple of steps further, maybe the news crews and camera operators can charge a fee If you want to see yourself on TV

Then I can show up make a few bucks on selling hot cocoa and sandwiches to everyone, warm blankets etc.

Then I can charge the city for picking up all the paper cups and napkins.....

Funny you came up with that senario, chasin_musky. Did anyone see the report on TV 11 news last night of the guy who had to pull his car over on the QEW cuz his car hood flew up and was blocking his view?

Anyhoo, he pulls over and someone who saw him parked at the side of the highway called 911. Some Police and a Lincoln County firetruck came to the scene. A few days later, this guy gets a bill in the mail for a few hundred bucks because the firetruck resonded to the rescue!!!

What the heck is going on??? That guy didn't even call 911!

that was a $900.00 plus bill i seen the news on channel 3

Isnot this why we pay taxes , there shouldnot be a charge for that.

Sadly, for every tax dollar collected these days, different levels of government are spending 2 and 3 times as much. Much of it wasted. Like the MNR spending all its money on pencil pushers. We don't get the bang for the buck.

Well, it would appear that municipalities and counties have found yet another way to pick our pockets. Just watch as more and more cities and regions push the envelope by charging for rescues on our lakes, roads, etc.

Me thinks this is just the beginning and haven't heard the last of it.

WTH Doc???

Thats ridiculous....

Since they are charging for their services, can one refuse their "business proposal" for assistance?

I was out of the car walking back up to the highway when they showed up.

I have no problem paying IF I called or needed them.

Archived