Want A Coke?

honeyv

Cool!

I think the article actually provides the best explanation at the end..

But Waldman said he wonders if it has more to do with the liquidity of the drink. He has heard that fish blood clots faster in water than in air.

Water, being cooler, may stop bleeding by causing the blood vessels to constrict.

“Maybe just the fact you’re pouring something really liquid on the wound is the equivalent of putting the fish back into water.”

And returning the fish to the lake or a livewell is widely considered the best way to stop bleeding, Stunz said.

Someone should try it with a bottle of water lol..I'm guessing it'll work with almost any drink considering they're all mostly water anyways.

I would say the amount of sugar in the coke is the stuff doing the clotting. I have used sugar on my dogs paws when they have split pads or even rip a nail off. And it usually stops bleeding in mere seconds.

I would say the amount of sugar in the coke is the stuff doing the clotting. I have used sugar on my dogs paws when they have split pads or even rip a nail off. And it usually stops bleeding in mere seconds.

Thanks for this information as it could save many a trip to the vet.

I find this a little over the top . As Niagarangler said the cooler temp.of the coke may help the clotting as well as the pressure of the water when the fish is released back to the depths .

For your dogs with bleeding nails or paws , putting the paw in flour will also help stop the bleeding .

I find this a little over the top . As Niagarangler said the cooler temp.of the coke may help the clotting as well as the pressure of the water when the fish is released back to the depths .

For your dogs with bleeding nails or paws , putting the paw in flour will also help stop the bleeding .

Definitely over the top! I've never had a problem with keeping bass in the livewell... as long as the aerator is on auto keeping the water fresh. Even before getting the bass boat, hanging them off the side of my old tin with a stringer kept em nice n hearty.

I'm not in any rush to try this out, but, I have to admit, it does have me curious...

I gotta wonder if it will work for carp. I'll give it a try and find out. :)

I can see it now. Sitting there with a 2l bottle of coke dumping it on the carp. I wonder if they can get a sugar rush like kids!

Archived