Niagara Parks Marina (Millres Creek)

wellandrivercarper

Yes it is all full of very unsafe ice.

With the Northerly winds it doesnt help much but if you're going to try it youre best bet would be to wait until we get the West winds to help push some of the ice out of there

Once again I removed garbage from Martindale pond today , an empty beer box & a propane cylinder which was left in a fire pit on the ice . It may not always be anglers that leave garbage as we have seen the hockey guys leave their trash behind. There are too many people who think their environment is their trash can . They really don't know any better & we will lose more fishing spots because the cities get tired of cleaning them up .

Its become gated because of slobs leaving trash and damaging property.

If you have to hop a fence or "break in" to fish, you are trespassing.

so very true. i remember scooping minnows there last spring when a bunch of people were there fishing and the garbage was deplorable.its sad when the actions of a few inconsiderate sob's ruin the fishing spots for us well mannered fishermen ( and ladies )

The last season I was there, there was lawn furniture and BBQs dumped into the water. I doubt, very much, that anglers were responsible for the vandalism,.

However if you ban one type of trespasser, you have to ban them all

Problem is, nobody respects the no tresspassing sign, or the locked gate. Personally, I won't fish there, but lots of local people still ignore all the signage and locked gates and stroll right on in.

Archived