Niagara Sportsman Show...anyone Go Or Going?

blue pilgrim

I went today and it was ok. The highlight would have been the demos put on by the professional anglers. I am eager to try a few techniques and gear that I saw JP DeRose use but the best part was chatting with him afterwards. He recommended a few things that I'm going to try with my bass fishing this year.

went today with a buddy. We took the kids and had a great time. Felt that the show had too many boats and not enough fishing retail. Was very disappointing not see the local shops there. Hopefully in the future we get more local support and it would be nice to see some of the fly fishing stores/demonstrations in the future.

went today with a buddy. We took the kids and had a great time. Felt that the show had too many boats and not enough fishing retail. Was very disappointing not see the local shops there. Hopefully in the future we get more local support and it would be nice to see some of the fly fishing stores/demonstrations in the future.

Ya I wish local tackle stores were there! We have some good ones around here also. I bet the show booth fee was really high.

Last year was better, I think the fort erie show was better for true fishermen. Also it was billed as a sportsman show, there was no hunting related exhibits nothing for dogs etc. Disappointed, Lets put the support behind the local show as it is a better deal and the local shops have a presence there.

Local businesses were at the local show a week earlier in Ft Erie

"Ya I wish local tackle stores were there! We have some good ones around here also"

does anyone know how much the fee to get in is? thanks!

The fee is 12$ plus taxes...You can buy tickets online or at the door I believe.

If you do go make sure to check out the megatank when Saric, Chong or Derose speak! Great fisherman with great tips!

Sadly I will not be going as planned I wanted to check out fishing bums table. Really wanted to get the bone bass ball cap. I will have to wait till next year but hopefully by then my son will try the trout pond ;)

the trend of late is that many small to mid-sized stores dont bother with the shows very much anymore

With all the various costs (and there are way more involved then just the floor space rental!) as well as the time involved before, during & after, its become much more practical for stores to hold thier own "open house" sales instead

Really only one wall of tackle with full retail prices, not many "show specials" spent all my money at the fish bum booth lol also made myself sick for a yak, thinking if selling a boat for one, ohh the thinking begins

Should the show in GTA take a lesson in parking & Show rates.

$19.00 to get in the Sportsman Show and $14.00 to park, they won't see me anymore.

$2.00 to park at the Niagara Show, $12.00 to get in. I'm senior, sorry guys, $10.00 for me :tease::D

Should the show in GTA take a lesson in parking & Show rates.

$19.00 to get in the Sportsman Show and $14.00 to park, they won't see me anymore.

$2.00 to park at the Niagara Show, $12.00 to get in. I'm senior, sorry guys, $10.00 for me :tease::D

thats toronto for you though:P, parking is stupid there, it find it convenient to take the train in and just walk where ever, but being a senior that would be a problem which sucks, i like the toronto show though, it has everything you could want, i went a few years ago and loved it, wouldnt mind going next year

I went to the Western New York show last weekend at the Erie county Fairground, Way better than the Toronto sportsman show, cost to get in $9 at the door $7 if bought in advance online. FREE parking. and best of all you can get a 18 pack of beer, declare it for the ride home. The show was really good, lots of fishing stuff, lots of Canadian lodges, lots of game meats. and a dog food booth with free samples for poochie. the guy gave us 6 small bags of dog food to try. definitely going next year, A lot better than the toronto show, And you don't have to deal with Toronto!!

FF, don't get confused.

the GTA show you are referring to is not the GTA fishing show, rather, sportsman show - owned and ran by Walter.

the spring fishing show, at the international centre, with free parking, that is run by Andy - same guy who ran this show.

anglers really need to pay attention to the differences between the fishing show and the "sportsman show" (which really is a all encompassing show that is only about 50% fishing - if that).

These shows are great and can be very informative. But for big dollar purchases be weary. If you get it at the show sometimes you end up with a lighter wallet and broken dreams. Also lets not forget the other 362 days of the year that our local fishing shops provide us with what we need. Support them because they took a passion and made a business in which now there passion made the ultimate sacrifice. Next time ask your local fishing store attendant how often they get to fish now.

Very rarely do i buy anything from the shows, I look at the new lures and such. Also I have a lathe and make many of my own lures so I like to grab the pamphlets to see the colour variations, kinda cheat for painting patterns for my lures.

Archived