Testing The New Openness Of Board And Members........... Brookies

Snakeyes

Been awake 28 hrs now brutal 12 hr night shift at the hospital turned into 14 hrs, been up since 5am yesterday..... so guys/girls question........ I have been looking for a spot closeish to home Niagara Falls to go brookie fishing. Took up fly fishing late last year and yet to get my first on the fly and not for a lack of trying. Cliff has offered to show me his stomping grounds an offer I will take up when I don't look like an idiot with my rod in my hands........ hmmmmmm better choice of words I could not find right now. I have been searching the net for years now looking for spots around here only to fall short. PM me, don't PM me but please keep it nice. I know I need to stomp the bush and I have spent many hrs and hundreds in gas all to = big fat zero. I know the credit has them but i have also heard of haldimand norfolk area but unsure of area there. (red hill????) So folks lets see what this brings. I'm a 42 yr old guy with a wife and 10 yr old twins who gets out half a dozen times a year out of my area, no worries about me over fishing any area. Thanks in advance......

Jeff

There are almost no streams in the Niagara area cold enough to sustain a brookie population any longer. Most cold springs have a habit of drying up in mid summer around here.

Check out Mill Creek....Cambridge, Flamboron area. Holds brookies...the scouting is your job.

Good luck...

Also alot of this creek runs through private property and farmland....helps if you ask the property owners

12 Mile is the only naturally occuring cold weater system left that has the capability of holding brook trout...

There are rummors that there are some there, but Ive looked and nothing yet!

NY state has alot of good oppurtunities... more variety than just brookies too!

Cutthroats, Rainbows are native (they also stock brownies!)

Either way, your into a drive!

The spring fed cold water streams where I live in Niagara hold Brookies; you pretty much have to crawl around on your hands and knees so as not to spook the fish. They are probably the only indigenous trout left in the region; the Ministry should be permanently close these streams to fishing. There are plenty of trout in the Niagara River, Lake Ontario and Lake Erie to keep fishermen satisfied.

The spring fed cold water streams where I live in Niagara hold Brookies; you pretty much have to crawl around on your hands and knees so as not to spook the fish. They are probably the only indigenous trout left in the region; the Ministry should be permanently close these streams to fishing. There are plenty of trout in the Niagara River, Lake Ontario and Lake Erie to keep fishermen satisfied.

willing to share?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Easy place to find Brookies is Bronte Creek in Lowville just north of Burlington. The Halton Conservation Authority stocks 4,000 brookies this year. There are a lot of hungry, healthy and aggressive fish. It's easy to get to.

I should do a slight detour on the way home from work one night.

You will also find some big Browns further up.

I drive three hours to the Credit for brookies and browns.

It's worth it when you're in the mood. If I can do it, you can too.

Easy to find. Easy to park. Easy to get to the water. Easy to catch fish.

You simply have to set aside a day and go do it.

I don't think you have too many other options, Southern Ontario is just too damn warm.

thanks guys for the info. sorry it took me sooo long to get back but life has been kicking me down for a while now. will try again in the spring I hope. Again thanks all that got back to me.

cheers

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

Archived