Ticks

boogaloo

Went to Gibson today but did not stay long as I noticed a tick on me very shortly after I got there. If there is one thing that keeps from going fishing it is frikken TICKS.......Boog

i hate ticks with a passion.. i went fly fishing in the upper parts of the 12 mile and made the mistake of wearing shorts in a thick trail, after 2 mins of walking i mist have had at least 10 ticks on me, i freaked out since it was my first encounter with ticks, ran to my car and pretty much stripped down to my birthday suit trying to get them off and make sure i had them all gone.

on the removing side though, make sure to carry tweezers, pull them out straight if they straight and dont twist or yank, pieces of the mouth can stay in your skin and cause problems, also i was told of using a lighter is a good way to remove them, but i wouldnt advise it, when you put a flame on ticks they will instinctively vomit, which could be bad news since they carry lime disease and such. if you are bitten and remove the tick properly, apply rubbing alcohol and iodine scrub to the bitten area and your hands/fingers. if there is a red spot or a rach after a a week or two consult a doctor and inform them of the tick bite

The rains come, grass starts growing, and the ticks come back. Last summer was so dry the ticks all but disappeared, but in the spring I was pulling ticks off the dog and myself almost every day.

Archived