Brookies

manutd_jeeves

Is anyone aware of where I can pursue small brook trout in thorold? I have heard multiple anglers while fishing lake gibson tell me of brooke trout near decew falls. Not that I doubt them, but, I am a kid from Windsor just trying to learn the waters here, and would appreciate any insight!

Cheers,

Jeeves

You might have been talking to a guy stuck in a time warp, there were brook trout in the area up until about 20 or so years ago, sadly, none remain.

The rumors are short hills has em, but there is a lot of water and a lot of legwork to find them.

Never caught one. Probably never will.

They are kinda like a myth ... similar to pickeral/walleye in Gibson, the blue walleye, and a few others ... you hear a story here and there but no one is ever willing to put a picture up or give spot details.

If your willing to make the drive lots of specks in the halton area all the smaller creeks have some in them. If ya pm me I might be able to help a little more. Bugs were really bad this wk though.

I waded that entire stretch a few times practicing my fly cast. i have caught chubbs bass and sunfish. Never even seen a brookie. And going off the path in shorthills park subjects you to a fine if caught. Leave that area for a nature walk and go north for the brookies

Guest brookie slayer

Don't waste your time.but there is a few there.I've seen em last yr.very small though and only in a stretch of private property

I asked this on another thread, but didn't get an answer... could the lower Niagara support brookies? You'd think it'd have the oxygenation, and it must be cold deep down there. Maybe competition would weed them out... but you'd think it'd be good at least on a put and take basis.

I asked this on another thread, but didn't get an answer... could the lower Niagara support brookies? You'd think it'd have the oxygenation, and it must be cold deep down there. Maybe competition would weed them out... but you'd think it'd be good at least on a put and take basis.

. Too polluted in the niagara as well as 2 warm

Archived