Hoovers Marina Nanticoke

hometownhandyman

Hoovers have always been higher priced than the nearest alternative, but then again there are not many!

The restaurant and ramp used to be owned by a retired OPP, not sure if that is the case. He was a great guy to talk with, and his info was always right on! The restaurant still offers a good fish dinner, and you can't go wrong with a cold beer. Give a retired guy a chance.

If you launch in another spot,(Dover) and have to travel against the waves and flow for 10-20kms, to get to "your spot", is it really cost effective?

When they used to be reasonable, I would launch at Hoovers a dozen times per season. Once it got over 13, I quit going. I'm guessing they would make more money by putting it back down, as I know lots of guys that won't bother anymore. Or maybe at the cost of 18 per launch, they could offer something more than a crooked wood dock and a 3 ft depth.

I hope nobody takes this the wrong way but I don't understand how people can continually complain about launch fees. Someone had to purchase the property, someone has to pay taxes on the property, some launches actually keep them nice as well. If people don't like paying the price to use someone elses private property maybe they should buy their own. With that said, I am just a normal guy with a little boat and I too have to pay launch fees but I also understand that someone else has paid a lot of money for that land I am using to launch my boat. Instead of griping over the prices, do something and buy your own launch and then you can launch for free... oh wait... you can launch for hundreds of thousands of dollars you paid/owe for that property.

I hope nobody takes this the wrong way but I don't understand how people can continually complain about launch fees. Someone had to purchase the property, someone has to pay taxes on the property, some launches actually keep them nice as well. If people don't like paying the price to use someone elses private property maybe they should buy their own. With that said, I am just a normal guy with a little boat and I too have to pay launch fees but I also understand that someone else has paid a lot of money for that land I am using to launch my boat. Instead of griping over the prices, do something and buy your own launch and then you can launch for free... oh wait... you can launch for hundreds of thousands of dollars you paid/owe for that property.

Great idea, we'll do that. And install a nice sound dock, with a dredged base, and charge fair prices. Just like SCGF does.

Great idea, we'll do that. And install a nice sound dock, with a dredged base, and charge fair prices. Just like SCGF does.

Perfect... can you do something on Cook's Bay next please?

We could use a few more government launches like they have at Quinte . They are very good launches for most boats ,including MNR & police boats . They bring money into the towns & other businesses , and they are free . I think $10 a pop is a decent rate for both the launcher and the launchee . The Beacon marina is still $10 & the SCGF is $12 .

$18 is cheap for that area, most private launches in the area are $20, the thing is the owners could really careless if you use there facility or not. Unlike the SGAF there establishments are not maned by volunteers, these places have to pay wages and such to keep there places open.They also have a need to make a profit and feed there families, these places are not like the SGAF in the way that this is the owners lively hood and not a club.

Archived