Natures Bounty

smerchly

So I bought some pole beans . I put a few seeds under the flag pole . Now I can't see the flag and have to climb the bean stock to fetch dinner , hence the name pole beans . But they are very tasty and prolific .....also have lots growing along my wire fence line . ( in the back ground)

smercho & the bean stock.....

SAM_3199.JPG

You are going to need a taller ladder Smerch. I grow them also but nothing as tall as that. What variety are they?

Here you go captnn........I like to pick them before they get too large while they are still relatively flat ....lots of flavour and free gas . :skunk:

SAM_3219.JPG

The rate of germination is over 90% . I have to climb the ladder again to clip of a tree branch that the beans attached to .The soil isn't the best , but the beans grow like like a weed.

I also have a small blackberry bush that is producing lots of berries ....delicious for jam/jelly .Loads of berries from one bush .

SAM_3217.JPG

SAM_3214.JPG

mmmmm good ! these make excellent jam ... use a piece of window screen to catch the seeds .....

SAM_3218.JPG

Those beans look nice.

This year's cooler temps make for a more plentiful berry crop too.

Yes Bruce , I should check my wild raspberry spots at the 12 .....should be a good crop this year (gotta watch for the itch weeds) lol

Dozer ....no fertilizer , but use plenty of water to help fatten them up . The jam is so flavourful very little is needed on toast , etc.

I'm a noob gardener - just getting into it ( mostly herbs and super hot peppers for now ) I forage for berries when I find them in the bush but I've never seen such big, consistently fat black berries. Either they're fat or you've got really small hands :lol: Great harvest.

Archived