December Mirror

hammercarp

Congratulations Lorne ! That's a fine looking mirror carp . I have a larger auger for the ice this winter , will have to put in another day or two on the pond for carping . Having two lines in the water will increase the chances ! :Gonefishing: :Gonefishing:

• 2 weeks later...

hahaha. we say you dudes down there the other day on our way to ikea to buy our christmas tree. that's pretty hard core to be dredging for fish while the rest of the world is decorating for christmas.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anybody ice fish for carp or do they move too deep in the winter? I love the look of the mirror carp. Last year at the pet store there was a tank of 100 koi with one of them being a mirror. When I got it it was about 3" and has grown to over 6" in less than a year in my small pond.

Does anybody ice fish for carp or do they move too deep in the winter? I love the look of the mirror carp. Last year at the pet store there was a tank of 100 koi with one of them being a mirror. When I got it it was about 3" and has grown to over 6" in less than a year in my small pond.

a few guys from here have ice fished for carp with limited success, they are possible, just difficult to really zero in on, seems a good portion of the carp caught on the hard stuff is by fluke.

a few guys from here have ice fished for carp with limited success, they are possible, just difficult to really zero in on, seems a good portion of the carp caught on the hard stuff is by fluke.

We got one last year at Martindale pond , took a minnow , and there were 2 carp caught at the Beacon Marina a few weeks ago , also took minnows I would say they were all "fluke carp" . I tried using corn & corn puffs for a few hours but with no luck ......I think you need to put in the time and get the right bait for icing carp .

We got one last year at Martindale pond , took a minnow , and there were 2 carp caught at the Beacon Marina a few weeks ago , also took minnows I would say they were all "fluke carp" . I tried using corn & corn puffs for a few hours but with no luck ......I think you need to put in the time and get the right bait for icing carp .

i agree, i would assume high protein baits would do the trick, but assumption and fishing go together like grenades and horse shoes, if i were an ice guy im sure id dedicate a few days of the ice season to try and target them since they would be a blast on the ice, but il stick to fishing the niagara during the winter for the time being.

i agree, i would assume high protein baits would do the trick, but assumption and fishing go together like grenades and horse shoes, if i were an ice guy im sure id dedicate a few days of the ice season to try and target them since they would be a blast on the ice, but il stick to fishing the niagara during the winter for the time being.

"fishing the Niagara during the winter" ......take your HP baits with you ......big carp in the pool . ;)

• 9 months later...

Archived