Ice

Buckshot

Can't wait to actually get ON the ice and try the new auger Bruce . The hut is ready to go , just hoping we don't get much rain . ....hoping only the snow on the ice melts and quickly freezes over , adding a couple more inches of black ice !! I managed to catch my largest perch in many years yesterday ......a good 13.5 " which beat my last one by .5" .......perch a la potat on the menu today ! :wub:

SAM_3648.JPG

Can't wait to actually get ON the ice and try the new auger Bruce . The hut is ready to go , just hoping we don't get much rain . ....hoping only the snow on the ice melts and quickly freezes over , adding a couple more inches of black ice !! I managed to catch my largest perch in many years yesterday ......a good 13.5 " which beat my last one by .5" .......perch a la potat on the menu today ! :wub:

SAM_3648.JPG

She certainly was a fatty. We were both off the mark guessing her size.

nice perch smerch

It was verrrry tasty Mazz . It didn't end up on the kabob sticks but in the fry pan coated with egg & 60% Panko & 40% Italian bread crumbs and fried in crisco LARD ! I pigged out on 3 nice juicy fillets .......that's what it's all about eh ? The pooch enjoyed his share too ! :santa:

I just saw the ice report for Cooks Bay, this morning, Sat. Dec. 21, 2013. They have 4-5 in of good ice everywhere around Gilford.

You can see Peter's Ice report here www.cooksbayfishingboard.com/thread/8334/24-hour-ice-reports

However, I'm not sure how the ice will hold up with warm weather moving in.

By the way....Nice Perch Smerch!!!

Archived