A Little Etiquette

Backwoods

I was out on lake simcoe today nice and early with 3 of my buddy's. always great fishing during a weekday as there is a quarter of the people out there.

First piss off. Picking up people's crap they leave on the ice.....really, if you cannot clean up after yourselves you do not deserve to be out on the water.

Second. In a small parking lot don't double park, leave room for the next guy

And Third if you have 2km of walkable ice with only a handful of guys out there dont walk up to a group of guys and drill a hole between them. I don't care if your 50' away. It's lake simcoe no need. learn how to find a spot for yourself.

This comes as our small group had at least 300 yards in all directions around us without another fisherman. Some Liberal Walks all the way out and up to us, see's a laker on the ice and proceeded to drill a hole directly between us. Putting him maybe 30' away from myself And my buddy. It did not go over very well. But his i can do whatever I want attitude he stayed as long as he could.

Sorry rant over just give people space if possible. Simcoe is one big fish bowel there is enough water for everyone.

Our group iced two white fish and one laker. Lost 4. Fish started to chase around 10am but were stuck on the bottom previous to 10.

It's unfortunate that the current fishery has to be like this but it is what it is. I've lost cout the amount of times wether on the boat or on shore where you catch a nice fish and 3 or 4 other boats or fisherman move in while your getting a picture with your prize catch. The same scenario occurred earlier this month when out with an operator on Lake simcoe. A group of men decided to drill 12 holes in between all the operators huts. The unfortunate part was a 5 year old boy had to fall into one of those holes before someone said something. Lucky for the young lad he only got one leg wet but it could have been a much worse outcome. One day maybe those people will wake up and realize they do more harm then good with their actions but in the mean time it's business as usual for the idiot parade.

That's my point. We make the effort to get far away from other fisherman. And still someone with no etiquette will find u.

Port D in November lol impossible to get ur own spot. Find some water by yourself, don't catch a fish cause someone will be rubbing shoulders with ya. But at spots like that its expected. Not when you have 300 yards of open space on all sides of you.

You should have walked over to within 10 ft of this guy and started drilling a hole and if he moved you move. Sometime it takes being an turd for people to figure out what etiquette is.

Trout fishing the streams around Delhi I once had an old guy run downstream when I released a hen bow full of eggs and net it up. I actually had to hold my buddy back from hitting him.... Same place I had a fisherman cast over my line while I was fighting a bow and hook the side of her, I cut the line and tossed the spinner in the water, some words were exchanged.....

i just hate crowds. period. i'll walk for ever to get far enough up or down stream so i don't see anybody. i'd rather catch one fish peacefully then catch 5 with someone staring at me the whole time or, my personal favourite, walking into the water in front of me because he has waders and i am on shore so i continue to cast right over top of him to th area i have been casting to for an hour and then he gets all hot and bothered and...sorry, i just was having a flash back to my one-and-only fall fishing experience at denny's dam.

Well I thought after I posted this topic I was going to get someone on here that was going to tell me that his behaviour was acceptable and I was being selfish.

Thank you niagara board for not being one of those people. Always respect your fellow fisherman

Well I thought after I posted this topic I was going to get someone on here that was going to tell me that his behaviour was acceptable and I was being selfish.

Thank you niagara board for not being one of those people. Always respect your fellow fisherman

Archived