Crystal Beach Ice Caves

captnn

That's proof of what can happen to your spot. if you post it all over the internet!

all those people came from T.O . .......it was posted in the Sun News ! :read:B)

did they bulldoze the caves down today ?

Does anyone have any pictures they could post? Never got to see them

This was in the T.O. Sun a couple days ago ......pics & vids .......hope the link is still valid ......

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/02/17/crystal-beach-ice-caves-evacuated

Save Crystal Beach!!!! This SEASON has forever changed the ICE fishing! Anyone who can not see what up to the minute posts and live reports with GPS #s is doing for fishing needs to wake up! Never seen so much garbage along roads and on the ice itself in all my years!

Sadly, our governments believe in hands off policing and self enforcement of regulations. What a joke. We'll keep an army of bureaucrats and paper pushers in Toronto while continually reducing the numbers of enforcement personnel across the province for the sake of financial cutbacks. Laws and regulations are only as effective as the enforcement behind them. If things were so bad at Crystal Beach from the weekend, I would expect a lot of tickets were issued??? NOT!!!

why would there be tickets issued?????

Tickets for tossing garbage .....getting caught in the act .....but as Bruce said , lots of laws passed on paper......might as well be toilet paper .

why would there be tickets issued?????

Parking in restricted areas, tossing garbage, Just for being there as they were told to evacuate because of dangerous conditions. Blocking roads making it hard for emergency vehicles to get by.

Too bad they couldn't have just had a pair of ems there for the people coming out to see this beautiful sight.We put them at every other event where they are rarely used but just close this.As soon as a few people fall on the walk down to the whirlpool I guess that will be NO TRESSPASS too? Just block everything that the government is not cashing in on!

don't get me wrong i think people that went down there were idiots...but things like this happen all the time....people have huge christmas light displays and people flock to them all the time blocking traffic and litter but to post a bunch of cops down there to "try" and catch people would be a waste of time and money....they did the right thing by bulldozing them....

Yes it was a shame to demolish a rare creation by mother nature , but the hordes of people created a possible tragic occurance that could have turned ugly when blame is directed towards the city or MNR etc . Too many people disturbing the (unstable) ? caves may have caused human casualties . Who would be blamed ? The weather temps were on the rise and the question is "when" will the first cave collapse . We can't compare this unique event to other places where there is an element of danger , it has to be assessed independently by "someone" . Walking across my street can be a hazard ..........

scuse da speling svp , my spell check here is awol....... :read:

Archived