Global Warming

captnn

This year is now the coldest winter since 1938.

I believe it , just ask my arms (auger) lol ....going down to -18*C ( O*F.) ....only 17 days to go for spring ...yah hoo .... :clapping:

I call it Weather...... it changes..... and will continue to, we do not live in a controlled greenhouse......

I call it Weather...... it changes..... and will continue to, we do not live in a controlled greenhouse......

A "warming" trend is on the way ..........(my prediction) ..... :crazy:

A "warming" trend is on the way ..........(my prediction) ..... :crazy:

Don't worry it will be warmer next winter and then everyone can say what happened!. We had ice last year.

6b57e211bc9fe97f6b4b50c1a6ae6222_zpsc0f4On the topic of global warming, have you ever noticed this in the skies.

A RESEARCHER from Sherborne is calling for a halt to geoengineering.

Geoengineering is the science of modifying weather to moderate global warming, and doctoral researcher David Lim is among a growing number of scientists who believe the government is currently influencing the weather without public consent.

David’s recent talk, Increases in Extreme Weather, Food Prices and Illness: The Unspoken Connection, drew a large crowd to Trent Village Hall.

“I only expected 25 people at my talk, but I wasn’t prepared to see people standing against the walls trying to listen. In total, 85 people attended – it was a very encouraging response,” he said.

David showed video footage and photographs of aircraft leaving persistent contrails over Dorset, engineering patents, academic papers, political documents, rain water test results and NASA studies.

He explained that one method of geoengineering method involves spraying chemicals into the atmosphere from aircraft to reflect sunlight back out into space.

Those exhaust (chem) trails can turn a sunny day into a cloudy day . I don't know how much effect they have on climate but they can use those trails for experimenting with chemical warfare , or just adding chemicals to make rain . Maybe nothing much to it like regular exhaust pollution or things that we may not like to know....... :read:

Hadn't really thought much about it. I always assumed it was normal until a coworker told me what it's all about and almost wish I didn't know the truth because every time i see it in the sky it upsets me.

I don't think they are trying to poison us , but fossil fuel exhaust is toxic to us . The jets are getting more numerous everyday and their exhaust all falls over us . We can't bury our heads in the sand and ignore the effects on our environment , and the tiny creatures at the beginning of the food chain etc. They probably have data on the increasing effects but really , they can't change it no matter how much it may effect our health . In China , people can't even see these chem trails ! :ph34r:

length and harshness of the winter this year made us all worried no matter who/what caused, but I thought extreme winter was a part of the global warming no?

You're correct about the extreme weather part ! More extreme storms are happening at a higher frequency all over the world , all the time. I have a hunch that were going to see a few 100 year storms in the few years.

There is a huge difference between Climate change...which is a naturally occurring event, and Global warming which is a result of excessive amounts of pollutants (gases) in our atmosphere.. however, the effects of global warming can be reduced..whereas climate change cannot. Global warming has just influenced the effects/or sped up the rate in which climate change is occurring.

Niagara has had it worse than northern alberta this year ....

we have a light at the end of the tunnel with +10 once or twice this upcoming week ... but it could still snow in may here

It doesn't take an expert to know people bugger up the world.

Regulations suck, but so does living in Love Canal. Personally I like the lakes cleaner than they were in the 70's, but we can always do better.

Yes , from industrial /sewage pollution to atomic bombs & leaking nuclear plants , humans can do a lot of damage to the planet . And mother nature ...... the suns angry outbursts or erupting volcanoes , etc., can reek havoc on this planet . We can only control so much , but when we see what is happening in China , controlled by big business , I don't see much hope in changing anything .....

Archived