The Ultimate Fly Tying Thread...

CCfly

tom...tom..tom..mr c is the last guy to worry about that crap..lol not to mention the guy may be a little rough around the edges but he can cast perfect loops with a canoe paddle...with no name on it.HAHAHA and he does look damn good in "any" waders.

I will fish with you zingers any time....you better produce though, i dont want any excuses..lol. I ventured to the credit yesterday what a blown out mess. Not caring practiced a few casts with my switch rod and the confidence is building. Im bombing it out no problem. The cool thing i thought i could never learn was casting off both sides....its a breeze now. Double spey and cast off the left side or snap t and cast off the right....got it down now. Need to learn to mend better, and hold my shooting line vs dropping it in the water. All i want now is fishable water....seems i may have to travel for that or keep tying more flies for another few weeks. So if anyone wants a partner on the fly spey or switch im in.

Mmm. This weekend's booked for me. To much to do around the house.

Question - I just watched the video from the Fly Tying Archive on the Lady Caroline. He mentions using waxed thread a couple times. I've been shown to use waxed thread for dubbing, but why is he using it for tying in the tail and on the head? Does it help seat the materials?

It is largely personal choice...I know Timo will wax his thread to cinch down the first couple of wraps on his wings...shouldn't have terrible adverse effects on applying head cement. I've used waxed thread when spinning deer so I get good grab and can load the tension onto the material.

Hey I have some flies I would like to share not sure how to post pics from my mobile !? Help

Hey I have some flies I would like to share not sure how to post pics from my mobile !? Help

• 3 months later...

This place has died! I should have put my flies I just tied into here but they are in the general discussion under my report. What is everyone tying up for bass? I have noticed natural colours working much better than bright colours for bass this year on the grand

A lot of people are either on holiday, busy, or out fishing. I tied up a few, but found a simple rabbit strip zonker works great and no need to switch up that often. Im busy working around the house, and getting some steelhead flies ready. Never seems enough time to really finish anything...have numerous unfinished jobs to do...and the to do list keeps getting bigger.