Paintballing

schnipster

in lieu of this frigid weather and the fact that i cannot swing afly in a hole in the ice i have purchased some paintball gear and begun the painful task of coming home covered in welts by an army of snot nosed preteens that have wildy accurate shots...it also helps them that i am like shooting at a moving barn..that said anyone here paintball? anyone here interested in doing a paintball outing to keep the fat off over the cold months and to have some good old-shoot -your-buddy fun.....

Last time i did that in Georgetown outdoor paintball, one of my buddies broke his collar bone trying to evade being shot. Not played it ina few years, but looking at the gear my neighbor has with belt clip canisters of co2 and oozy type automatic gun that holds over 100 shots...i can see it being a blood bath if you play with some of these guys. Was fun playing outdoor capture the flag with teams of 15 a side. Id say indoor your asking for it...lol. Some these guys have over powered canisters as well....that can be nasty...lol.

Indoor? Take off your skirt and embrace Canada's four seasons.

Snow can be fun for tracking people.... and setting traps for the trackers

Spring can be muddy, but you're burning off stored up energy and go nuts

Summer is hot foggy, but you can play in shorts and tee-shirt

Fall is the best. Not to hot, not to cold, dry, and there is still cover.

We used to play in an abandoned Christmas tree farm. Scary walking up to those trees knowing there are people waiting to shoot you from them....

What equipment did you end up buying? I'm oldschool and shoot a pump gun, a tippmann SL-68 and a tippmann SL-68II.

I was thinking of using a paint gun to fire balls of carp bait into the water ......what distance could they shoot a meat ball for instance ? :) Could they reach 100 meters ?

Might blow the carp balls to pieces. Paintballs are covered in a plastic shell...thats the part that leaves the welt . Unless you came up with something that would be tough enough but still be able to disolve in the water. Maybe a slingshot might be a better option smerch.

I can see it now....hey theres a guy down by the water wielding a gun...lol

I was thinking of using a paint gun to fire balls of carp bait into the water ......what distance could they shoot a meat ball for instance ? :) Could they reach 100 meters ?

What you really want is one of these:

Rocket_Propelled_Paintball_Grenade_Launc

Make up some carp bait canisters and have at it. Keeps away the loogans at the same time.

I can see it now....hey theres a guy down by the water wielding a gun...lol

I'll keep an ear open on the police scanner

So......you like paintballing eh?? Come over and i'll throw rocks at you..same pain lol..put the gun down and have some real Canadian fun...FISHING

Ya...you can toss 2 oz. lead balls at passing boats ....fun fun fun :clapping:

Tom S....that's a mean looking gun (or a flute) ......maybe a spud gun will do the job too ....As Dave & Jordan said I should stick with the proven sling shot . I have been using a "modified" Dollarama spoon that is good for about 10 paces ......

Schnipster ....sorry , Dave got me off track ......back to the snot nosed frozen paint ball warriors....... :D

if you make the carp balls the same size and freeze them solid--they will work i think-just might have to answer some questions if you show up at the local pond with an AK47-that said its too cold to fish--I also cannot find a way to hold a nice d loop in an ice hut--that said paintballing keeps the girth down and hurts like hell i happen to have an AR 15 type gun that will rip S@#$ up ...so i am guessing you boys arent into a PB outing of sorts eh? dave--man up and come get lit up brother...bring Larry. unless someone has some open water that isnt the st lawrence or the niagara that i can chuck a fly or two that they would like to share with me...

PS cant paintball in winter--balls freeze(in gun) and balls freeze--break apart as they become brittle they explode in gun and become a nightmare...and well, balls freeze.

CPLUMMER--if i could be on the fly right now i would drop it all..including loved ones and work...---check out instagram CADDISKINGS that is me and a buddy--you will see a pic of me snowshoeing on the weekend- i was planning to fish this small piece of water that i know never freezes..hopefully in open territory...lol--but it was windy snowy and minus 500

What you really want is one of these:

Rocket_Propelled_Paintball_Grenade_Launc

Make up some carp bait canisters and have at it. Keeps away the loogans at the same time.

I'll keep an ear open on the police scanner

better yet--an RPG...all of a sudden an innocent day on the water ends in a all expense paid trip to guantanamo bay --dailiy activities includes rat-torch-bucket games and water boarding in the afternoon. might even get to bunk with a celebrity from the latest addition to the FBIs most wanted HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Archived