Crown Land

basscrazy

Hey guys having a heard time finding anything to do this locations of crown land and and general info on it. I'm looking to take my son camping alot this year. However I'd prefer to get him out in the woods. Any info or recommendations would be great. Even if the land doesn't offering fishing.

Thanks

The provincial website gives the basic rules and guidelines to follow. Maybe some here have done this more recently. Have not gone that route in 30 years. Must change locale after 21 days. Practice no trace/impact camping, etc....

Certain essentials you need to know, whether drive in or boat in. You need to be totally self contained and sustained. Being bear smart is a biggy. Good first aid kit. Ceel phone isn't worth squit the further you are from main roads.

How old is the son?

As I reccomend to everyone. Algoma crown land. So north of sault saint marie. Bout 8 and a half hours north. Crown land camping rules apply and you need to pay attention to burn bans. Camping is amazing. Fishing wise; brook trout, rainbow trout, lake trout, walleye, pike and small mouth. Some of the lakes and streams off crown land logging roads grt fished less then 5 times a year. It truly is an experiance.

I might have a misunderstanding on the crown land then. My son turns 5 this year. I will be looking up what you mentioned Jordan, however for a trip without my son. I guess what I'm looking for is something within an hour or two from niagara to take him camping. That's not a provincial park or conservation area. But not sure if there's any where I could do that. Some where to hike for an hour in ad then set up. Fishing like I said would just be a bonus

Yes, the Bruce Trail is a good locale for passive camping. Well marked trails, etc... Get in touch with the Bruce Trail Assoc. offices. They would be able to guide you better in the right direction.

Beyond that there is the provincial reserve in the Kawarthas.

If you have a boat I suggest Navy island on the upper Niagara River, we've done that the last two summers. It's free and no one there to bother you. Some remnants of old camp sites that used to be there cleared away , perfect for setting up camp. Not sure if that's what your after but an option to think about. Good luck

Archived