Jailtime Deserved

Chrisb

This "news" is posted by World News Daily, a "satirical" news site. Think of them as the "National Inquirer" of the internet. The story is completely untrue and published only so they can get "click-throughs" to their site and get their dollars from their advertisers. Check Snopes, Hoax-Busters or urbanlegends.about.com for this and you'll see World News Daily and other sites like them are always publishing crap like this. Recently they posted that Skittles had cocaine in their candies and that Arizona Ice Tea contains human urine. Completely false of course.

Even if piranha were released, they would never thrive in Great Lakes waters. They need water temps in the 25-28 celcius range and PH slightly below 7. They might survive for a time but never spawn.

The first clue is that the USCG made the busts: it would have been DNR making the arrests. This is not in the USCG's mandate.

It irks me how these stories and other false stories can be freely spread on the internet or in other news media without any charges being laid for knowingly spreading lies . It's the same thing with all the door to door scammers making big money from vulnerable people and the law ignores it . It is no wonder these scammers thrive and make a good living cheating others . I think we know that some aquarium fish have been released into our lakes ....including the asian carp , for ceremonial or personal reasons, so it wouldn't surprise me to know one of these flesh eaters were dumped into our waters . Hopefully they cannot survive our cold winters & zero degree water .

Can't remember the exact year (mid 80s), but a kid caught one off the east pier (Michigan Beach)...or so old man Rooker's story to his mounted pirhana at Eastside Tackle had me believe. :lol:

. Old Ted had some great stories to tell though

. Old Ted had some great stories to tell though

Great guy ! Last time I saw him was at Timmies at Port Dal. , sitting with his wife at a table , all dressed up and looking very healthy . Time marches on , seems like yesterday .......

Old Smerch

Ted jr or sr Bill? Sr was a funny guy. Loved eastside fisheries when Johanne ran it and Ted Jr did charters. Old Ted made my day many many times telling me his stories. The man lived for his perch..

It irks me how these stories and other false stories can be freely spread on the internet or in other news media without any charges being laid for knowingly spreading lies . It's the same thing with all the door to door scammers making big money from vulnerable people and the law ignores it . It is no wonder these scammers thrive and make a good living cheating others . I think we know that some aquarium fish have been released into our lakes ....including the asian carp , for ceremonial or personal reasons, so it wouldn't surprise me to know one of these flesh eaters were dumped into our waters . Hopefully they cannot survive our cold winters & zero degree water .

They cover their ass with their disclaimer page ...

http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/disclaimer/

TERMS OF USE

Your access to, and use of, this site is subject to the following Terms of Use and all applicable laws and regulations. By accessing and using the site, you accept, without limitation or qualification, these Terms of Use, and acknowledge that any other agreements between you and World News Daily Report are superseded with respect to this subject matter. If you do not agree and accept, without limitation or qualification, these Terms of Use please exit the site.

Legal Notice

Information contained in this World News Daily Report website is for information and entertainment purposes only. The website and the information (including changes to the terms herein) may be changed or updated from time to time without notice. In consideration for using this website, the visitor agrees to hold WNDR and its directors, officers, members, employees and agents harmless against any claims for damages or costs or any loss of any kind arising out of the access to or use of this website or any information contained in or obtained through this website.

Certain links in the website connect to other sites maintained by third parties that may or may not be presented within a frame on the website. World News Daily Report has not verified the contents of such third party sites and does not endorse, warrant, promote or recommend any services or products, that may be provided or accessed through them or any person or body which may provide them. WNDR has not issued or caused to be issued any advertisements which may appear on these websites and therefore accepts no responsibility for such content.

Disclaimer

The nature of Internet communications means that your communications may be susceptible to data corruption, unauthorized access, interception and delays. This website may include incomplete information, inaccuracies or typographical errors. World News Daily Report, and any other persons involved in the management of this website, may make changes in the information and content included in this website at any time without notice.

WNDR shall not be responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this website or by any technical or human error which may occur.

WNDR assumes however all responsibility for the satirical nature of its articles and for the fictional nature of their content. All characters appearing in the articles in this website – even those based on real people – are entirely fictional and any resemblance between them and any persons, living, dead, or undead is purely a miracle.

Trademark and Copyright

Copyright 2015 © New World Order Media. All rights reserved.

Walk around Gibson and every once in a while you'll come across a pile of stone from aquariums, makes ya wonder what went into the drink this time.

There's no question that aquarium fish are often improperly "disposed." Thankfully, most of them require much warmer water than we have in order to thrive. There are a few that can tough it out, like goldfish of course; however, I don't think we're in much danger from a take-over by white cloud minnows.

One of the sad things about people who dispose of aquarium fish this way is that many of those fish are endangered or even extinct in the wild. White cloud minnows for example, are endangered. Cardinal tetras, arowana, and several cichlids such as the discus fish, and many others are all teetering on the brink in South America, mainly because of pollution and deforestation. The same can be said of fish in Africa and Asia. The best way to rid oneself of unwanted aquarium fish is to sell them back to a reputable fish outlet such as Big Al's.

Sorry for the phony post. PLEASE DELETE IT.

I don't usually fall fo these fakes. But this one got me.

Hey don't worry. If I had found that on line I would have posted it as well.

Maybe it will make some ppl aware that it is illegal to put fish like that in our waters.

Good way to put it Tyler .....exposure on several media sources helps get the word out there to make other aware . We need to do the same thing with garbage ...... :glare:

Walk around Gibson and every once in a while you'll come across a pile of stone from aquariums, makes ya wonder what went into the drink this time.

Same thing at Bertie boat club in the spring. Local cottagers empty the fish from their summer fish ponds every year into Erie when they close up their cottages for winter.

Sorry for the phony post. PLEASE DELETE IT.

I don't usually fall fo these fakes. But this one got me.

No problem, like I said yours was the 3rd time I encountered that morning on a fishing forum.

Archived