Carping The 12

smerchly

I gave it a try today ....armed with boiled maize at my fav. carp spot . Water level was down due to the Henley races & it looked promising . After 2 hrs . of no action , I switched baits using worms for cats ......they must be partying somewhere with the carp ! But I did get into a half dozen NICE bass .......they like my nice fat dewies !

here's my largest bass .....

ya....rockies .....

SAM_6007.JPG

....caught on my 12' heavy duty deluxe carp rod & bait runner reel :D

.......and this BIG bait stealer met up with the smerch goby whisperer and was a thrill to catch on that BIG rod !!

SAM_6008.JPG

first one this year .......Where's the 12 Mile carp at ?

:dunno:

I hope that goby did not get released. I hope it was a catch and kill. That's the biggest goby I have ever seen...

The 12 mile runs so fast, do you use a 3oz weight to keep the bait down or something?

I hope that goby did not get released. I hope it was a catch and kill. That's the biggest goby I have ever seen...

The 12 mile runs so fast, do you use a 3oz weight to keep the bait down or something?

It was released on land to become food for the night time creatures. I did an autopsy on it to see what it had for lunch .....a few fresh zebra mussels , and a niece piece of my last worm !

Nice multi-species day, Smerch! Good size rocky, too.

Aren't you glad you caught it on that beefy carp gear, otherwise, you never could have landed him. lol

It was a little touch and go for a while , but with my 30 lb braid on the bait runner & big carp net handy , I managed to land the beast ( solo) :bravo: thank you very much .....

Well now ......thinking of doing a carp run tomorrow ..... The creeks have been adding some new mud to the flow ,so I expect to see muddy waters and cooler water temps . But you never know until you try , right ? I picked 132 worms Mon.night , so I know the cats will find them if the carp are not hitting . Looks like a decent day tomorrow ....... :Gonefishing:

....hey KK , going carping tomorrow ? :bb2:

Archived