What's With Gas Prices ?

smerchly

About 5 days ago gas was $ 1.03 .....then it shot up over 10 cents to $1.12 -$1.16 ....Looking at Gas Buddy today I see $.98 at 6 gas stations ??? Gas wars ??

:clapping:

Noticed that today also. Still 92 cents a liter in the states. If you live in a border town it makes sense, I guess if you have a large tank. Diesel is exactly the same in Canada and the US with exchange at 30%.

With crude dropping to $42 a barrel, the price should be below 0.90 a litre. Fat chance!

Exactly Bruce . We are fortunate we aren't paying the usual summer time prices of up to $1.35 . When I put an average 100 -110 liters into the old van's tank , I'm saving $40 . Now that the van is history , the G6 can be filled for half that much . With our canuckbuck at 70 cents not many are filling up with U.S. gas , unless you have a big van.... B)

Labour Day weekend. Oh, my car only seems to like 91 Shell best. :P

.How about Esso 89 @ 89 cents right now ? Maybe I should fill up my 5 gas cans and put 125 liters away for a rainy day ...

Labour Day weekend. Oh, my car only seems to like 91 Shell best. :P

Shell is now the lowest price at 85.9 cents ( Ontario & Hiscott ).....Are you not coming the St.Kitts until labour day ? I have a few lures for you ...let me know when you are coming out to play ....... :Gonefishing:

Shell is now the lowest price at 85.9 cents ( Ontario & Hiscott ).....Are you not coming the St.Kitts until labour day ? I have a few lures for you ...let me know when you are coming out to play ....... :Gonefishing:

Line ups were nuts and a whole lot of cursing going on

It's a gas war , just like the old days when the big guys wanted to knock off the smaller outlets . That's how business works ....and Shell is one of the big players with deep pockets who would gladly like to see Gales , etc. go bankrupt . They are ruthless , but so is the oil business all over the planet . Maybe the electric cars will bite their asses in the future and they know it .....hence , trying to fill their coffers while they can .....

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2015/08/20/gas-price-war-heats-up-in-st-catharines

That is any business when it comes to being a publicly traded company, share holders demand more, so executives make it happen or they might not be around next year.

I work with someone who owns various oil stocks, he loves to talk the game about the perceived money he has (stock is only as valuable as someone is willing to pay you for it), but then bitches about gas prices ... kind of an oxymoron.

I filled up tonight ... I sat on the street for 10 minutes before being able to pull into the station where I sat for another 15 mins before getting gas .... in that time frame no one emerged with anything but a receipt from the "store".

Initially tried to go to Ontario Street, but there was a lineup down the road about 20 cars deep if not more.

I choose fuel by its quality as opposed to price. The less ethonal, the better, none being best.

I was using Sunoco 94 , until they were bought out by Petro Canuko . It gave me better kilometerage which helped defray the higher costs ...now at about 15 cents more per liter . When I filled up my van at $1.30 , and put in over 100 liters each time , I would be saving $40 on a fill up today . That can come in handy for more fishing gear , or when I go to Quinte it pays for the 407 tolls . Filler-up folks ...it won't last ....... :santa:

WOW .. I started this thread when gas dropped to 98 cents per liter ......One more cent to go and we will have 79.9 cent gas at the 2 gas stations that are at war with each other . I see guys on the news filling up their 5 gal. cans and many cases of hostility out there . LOL ! When I got my first car , a 1950 Pontiac Silver Streak torpedo back with a straight 6 and manual shift on the column , gas was as low as 29 cents for an Imperial gallon (4.54 liters) .......but we made a buck an hour ........I guess it's all relevant ....... :read:

Drove by pioneer on Ont st st kitts yesterday they had it at 79.9 cents per litre. Crazy how the rest of niagara region os at 108. How can they rob us like that?.

Archived