Where To Catch Catfish? (Shore)

RaedwulfFisher

Hello guys :) I live in the niagara Region and I know next to nothing about catching catfish. I figure it's similar to how you'd catch a carp but my girlfriend is obsessed with wanting to catch one so I want to help her out. I was hoping someone could direct me to a spot from shore that's good for them and how I should go about fishing for them.

Any help is great, thanks :)

Hey man grand river in dunnville is awesome and from shore it's easy to cast for. So many spots to set up and fish. YouTube catfish baits either catch suckers or make something gross from chicken livers and sardines anything stinky that you can keep on your hook when casting. And they are in thick now as they are spawing good luck

I do fine just using a hook ,sinker and a dew worm .....cut in three pieces to let more scent escape and let it sit on bottom . Murky water spots seem to be best for my cat fishing . We got a few fatties today .

If you dont care for size go to the green ribbon trail. Lots of bullheads. If you want size dunville is a good bet.

Size doesn't matter :bb2: .... :clapping:

We got a few mud cats today ....had to be well over a pound each .....maybe had a half pound of our worms in their tank ......

One of the easy ways to find spots is to visit the area & look where other anglers are fishing . There are people who drive around & "scout" areas to see what they are catching & using for baits etc . When they start using drones to find spots & mark way points , I'm sure plenty of new spots will be available for everyone ..... :)

If you need a location for your GPS Google Bait shop. It's on the river. He will have bait there and shore fishing. I think he charges 5 or 10 bucks for parking and fishing. And has a honour system bait shack if ur early.

Hope that helps

Archived