St. John's?

RyannLarge

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used a 1/16 orange min o spin. Loose drag 4 pound mono leader. Cast out into the middle of the pond hooked up maybe a foot or two under the surface. The bass love the in line spinners so you might get one or two OoS. Orange and yellow seem to be the go to colours there. This guy caught his limit and c&r another couple on yellow trout dough about a pea sized glob on a small treble.

These are farm or tank raised trout and not wild trout. They are conditioned to eat things tossed at them.

As a kid I could bike there, water quality was better back then , for the first few years after it opened about 1960, they actually had brookies in there. Oh , quite a number of the ones I cleaned had the round fiber of a filter cigarette butt in their guts.

Bass season not open yet i believe.

Aye gotta release em quick if you hook one which is why I didn't take any pictures despite getting a PB smallie (about six inches long lol)

Aye gotta release em quick if you hook one which is why I didn't take any pictures despite getting a PB smallie (about six inches long lol)

We were there yesterday and not 5 minutes into the fishing my son got his first Largemouth Bass. He was so mad I didn't get a pic of it but the 6 pumpkinseeds he caught for the next 30 minutes made up for it.

Archived