St. John's?

RyannLarge

Give it a break...pisses me off...I used to go to st johns with my dad back in the day...I loved it!!...who gives a crap if they are pellet fed..not everybody has these magical spots for wild brookies and maybe some of they guys just wanna feel a tug on the line and not go buy them at a grocery store...if it's not your cup of tea...then don't read the thread..how about just a simple.... nice job on the fish...glad you got out fishing..geesh

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

St John's is the perfect spot to introduce young ones to the sport if you want a trout dinner or a safe spot (easy to walk to, gradual depth, no current). For the advanced angler it isn't anything special.

For the newer members reading this is an annual thread with the same negative comments posted annually.

I'm still waiting for them to stock this pond with BIG carp .....Imagine the pandemonium when one hooks a beast with 100 lines in the water :crazy: . I fished there when much younger , it was a fun day for all of us ....and I believe corn was used for bait .......

I saw a white carp (gold fish??) about 12-14 inches long in there the other day. I also observed an older gentleman catch a 5 inch LMB and toss it in the bush. Another fellow told me he saw a LMB with a Trout stuck in its throat at the shore. When he tried to help it the Bass darted away and expelled the Trout..............................Daniel

I saw a white carp (gold fish??) about 12-14 inches long in there the other day. I also observed an older gentleman catch a 5 inch LMB and toss it in the bush. Another fellow told me he saw a LMB with a Trout stuck in its throat at the shore. When he tried to help it the Bass darted away and expelled the Trout..............................Daniel

some people are dicks. Some people need to be thrown in a bush to die.

It's a shame to hear it gets fished out, my plan was to teach my girlfriend proper catch and release this weekend. Will it already be fished out of trout by then? Is it worth going?

They stock 1200 every year. If everyone is like me they'll catch a couple to eat and leave the rest for everyone else. Some guys will go there a few days a week and stock their freezers. Nothing wrong with that but if I can leave even one more trout in there for a kid to catch with his dad I'm fine.

Never heard of it until this thread. Good to know for when my daughter gets a couple more years older. My only trout fishing is our spring Algonquin trip, lakers and brookies. St. John's sounds great for kids or a relaxing day!

My opinion is that St John's should only be for kids, let it be a learning experience and a bonding experience with their care givers.

Kids ( whatever age is agreed upon) should be the only ones fishing in the pond

Let them learn about fishing ( catching and releasing), have CO's their for the opening day teaching them about conversation

Kids are our future lets invest in them

My opinion is that St John's should only be for kids, let it be a learning experience and a bonding experience with their care givers.

Kids ( whatever age is agreed upon) should be the only ones fishing in the pond

Let them learn about fishing ( catching and releasing), have CO's their for the opening day teaching them about conversation

Kids are our future lets invest in them

That's the best thing I've heard all day!

I went this past weekend. Caught 3, only kept 1 for myself and handed off another to an older gentleman who wasn't having any luck, and had another 5 hits. All on blue fox #1 chrome spinner tipped with a piece of corn on the hook.

Planning on taking my daughter this weekend. It is a great little ponds for kids but I would disagree limiting to only youngens. I have gone there a couple times with an old ex boss with health problems and wasn't able to make any long distance walks.

Went there with my 2 and half year old today and he had a blast, screamed, laughed and reeled 2 fish on the ultra light with my help. At the end he did not want to go home, lol... Still lots of fish there so bring your kid before thee place gets fished out...An another note, those fish don't stand a chance in the summer therefore its a put and take fishery.

They stock 1200 every year. If everyone is like me they'll catch a couple to eat and leave the rest for everyone else. Some guys will go there a few days a week and stock their freezers. Nothing wrong with that but if I can leave even one more trout in there for a kid to catch with his dad I'm fine.[/quote

Keeping multiple single day limits of trout in your freezer was illegal last time I checked.....

Took the kids out there tonight after work for about an hour and a half before dark. We caught a 8-10 total sunfish one trout and one oos largemouth. The kids had a blast. It was great to see them get excited about catching fish. My oldest is 7 and she started to "get it" last year and always asks to go fishing with me. The other two are 4 and 2 years old and their attention spans are a little shorter. But my 4 year old had a great time and she spent more time bobber watching than I expected. My 2 year had fun throwing rocks, sticks and his fishing rod in the water! I'm going to have to go back with my waders to try and find it!

They stock 1200 every year. If everyone is like me they'll catch a couple to eat and leave the rest for everyone else. Some guys will go there a few days a week and stock their freezers. Nothing wrong with that but if I can leave even one more trout in there for a kid to catch with his dad I'm fine.[/quote

Keeping multiple single day limits of trout in your freezer was illegal last time I checked.....

They don't care which is why I only ever eat one or two from there every season. Get my taste for trout and pass it on.

Saw a guy scream at another guy and young man today because they got too close too his spot. Some fish left in there but it seems like it's slow. Lots of sunfish bites between trout bites!!

Some just own spots

Archived