Help with Pike at Marlatts

RaedwulfFisher

Maybe a bit of a stupid question...I know there's some pike in the bigger of the Ponds..but the far side with the smaller pond has anyone pulled a pike out of there?

Whats the best choice of lure for trying to catch a pike from the bigger pond..I don't care about size..I'd just like to catch one..been trying a few days using some spinnerbaits and some crankbaits....not really sure how to approach going for them

also ..anyone seen any Gar in the smaller of the ponds?

Try the west side of beaverdams road.  (not marlatts pond I know, but close). A bit of a walk from where you park, and be careful cause cars fly down there. Once you get over the guard rails walk the shore casting. My fave is a #5 mepps black fury, always seem to work. Close to the middle there is a spot where they pipe water under the road and you can see some current. That area has always been good for me. Good luck. 

never caught a fish in the smaller pond. heard theres just small bass and pannies but never know. as for the other side I used to get some good ones on jerk bait, rapala fire tiger. jerking it fast and pausing 15-30seconds at times. but havent caught a pike there in some time. as kgm said try the larger ponds, they hold good population of fish. 

Hah yea I figured that about the smaller one...I only ever catch small sized sunfish and big bass over there..actually funny you say you only caught small bass in the smaller pond. I caught most of my bass from that side and they are all decent sized..I have a hard time catching them out of the bigger pond..heh

@kgm are you referring to the area I circled in the map?

moo.jpg

6 hours ago, RaedwulfFisher said:

Hah yea I figured that about the smaller one...I only ever catch small sized sunfish and big bass over there..actually funny you say you only caught small bass in the smaller pond. I caught most of my bass from that side and they are all decent sized..I have a hard time catching them out of the bigger pond..heh

@kgm are you referring to the area I circled in the map?

moo.jpg

Ya, that's the area. The west side is good. I have never caught a single fish on the east side, although when I was a kid I saw 2 guys pull a stringer of walleye out of there. They showed us what to use and where to cast.  Fished it many times since then and never a walleye or any other fish.   

Archived