Marlatts Pond first day Bass Fishing :D

RaedwulfFisher

Sup..had a good streak there..but last few days fishing has been absolute balls again.

amazing how the weather effects the fish..

hopped around different spots and waters..not a daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn thing for three days now

On July 8, 2016 at 0:21 PM, RaedwulfFisher said:

Finally things turned around :)

Landed three nice bass, missed a few strikes though. Was only out for a couple hours! Lots of small bass feeding right on the shore..had a couple little guys keep following my big plastic worm was amusing....they would try to grab it but only managed to bite the tail off my lure :)

This one was just shy of 3lbs

20160708_101631.jpg

Not sure if these fish are going in the frying pan or not but there are more fish friendly ways to lip bass.There are better ways than hinging the fishes head and jaws.... 

Ah sorry...I respect the fish very much..thanks for the tip..a little common sense too I suppose :) If he had of been bigger I'd for sure have held him straight or supported the weight with two hands.

Btw I like to use this thread as my sort of report on what's been happening with my fishing ventures.

Well..

Trying out some different plastics.

Got two packs of Zoom brushhogs one watermelon seed and the other black with red flecks (forget the name)...also some senkos (Never have used senkos before)

have to say I love the action on the senko!! It's so subtle! I got two fish on them so far at the ponds but...that's kind of bad though as that's over the course of a long period of fishing..

It's been very very very very slow..I've gone through so many different lures and have gone around the pond trying to get to spots less fished....

Today I thought for sure I'd be landing fish as the bass were clearly active..there's some HUGE bass in the smaller pond!!! I thought I was looking at carp by the lillypads..nope..BASS. HUGE BASS. I don't think I've ever seen one so big before..would be a hell of a catch...also saw probably last years spawn..school of bass 5 or so just chilling with the sunfishes right at the shore..saw a few bigger ones sitting under the lillypads...so they were there!!

Tossed all I had at them..they didn't even flinch...talk about pressured waters!!  =\

Pressured waters and basically a hot tub this time of year. Definitely wouldn't be my first choice for spots around here.

Remember when u fish Senkos to leave your bail open after ur cast and untill it hits bottom. This allows the bait to fall away from you and gives it a better presentation.(more of a natural free fall if u will)  A lot of time when I flip My bail.over and twitch it the fish is already on.

Thanks for the tip walleyechaser..

I really need to try other places for bass. I can only go from shore spots though..

I mean this week and a bit of fishing has been absolutely brutal in those ponds =\

I just have trouble locating spots people tell me about >_>..someone says to go at such a place..and I go there and i'm scratching my head at how they get to these places :S

Lots of better fishing spots with easy access within a km or two from there. I don't even bother fishing for panfish there anymore, numbers and size just arnt where they should be. Il chalk that up to pressured waters and the white bucket brigades.

18 hours ago, jordanl said:

Lots of better fishing spots with easy access within a km or two from there. I don't even bother fishing for panfish there anymore, numbers and size just arnt where they should be. Il chalk that up to pressured waters and the white bucket brigades.

I tried a bit (though only an hour) under the 406..and basically fished all along the spot starting from the allenburg weir..almost all the way back out to the road on the other side..spent several hours there with no hits =\..

The small canal of water flowing behind the main lake looked like it had so many good spots for bass to be taking cover but didn't see anything or get anything there..

saw a bunch of people fishing by the weir and one of them got ..erm..a sheepshead I think it was?

Then yesterday I went back to the marlatt ponds...and finally got some bass..landed a few..one decent one say 2lb area and another dink..then took my GF and she got the nice fish I made a post about

Alright..

like I said using this thread to update whats going on:P

Well..

Got a good bass in the tunnel on the ponds....and here's the crazy part. It had a big offset hook coming out of its butt....the end sticking out was the end you tie the line onto......

wasn't sure if I should remove it or not....I ended up removing it...put it back in the water...

he sat there in the water for a few minutes....then boom he was gone ..guess he's okay!

I think that bass was hooked in the butt ...can't see a hook going through the guts without the point catching the innards ... I have cleaned fish and found tubes and twisters inside ....and they didn't look too healthy .....had to toss a sick looking perch with a gooey plastic tube inside .....

Keep up the good "work" !     :Gonefishing:

Update..

Tried a buzzbait tonight at the ponds....no wind..smooth as glass....

....................BANG goes the dynamite that was the right choice!

Landed a few..missed more..(i did have a trailer hook).. I notice some of them would follow and bite (miss) follow and bite (miss) 2 or 3 times all the way until I reeled it in..and I was reeling it sloooow

On July 28, 2016 at 9:57 PM, RaedwulfFisher said:

Update..

Tried a buzzbait tonight at the ponds....no wind..smooth as glass....

....................BANG goes the dynamite that was the right choice!

Landed a few..missed more..(i did have a trailer hook).. I notice some of them would follow and bite (miss) follow and bite (miss) 2 or 3 times all the way until I reeled it in..and I was reeling it sloooow

Try speeding it up jus a bit then slow it down maybe. Could Cuz  a more aggressive strike. 

They were hitting topwater hard yesterday evening..landed this monster..picture doesn't do it justice =\... didn't have my scale with me but came in at 19" and a thick full belly..

those who say I'm holding it wrong...got to understand I'm holding the fish vertical ..and only because I don't have anyone to take pictures...and I don't like to put them on the ground

I respect the fish greatly and always catch/release  :)

13933025_10157127275630567_887933254_n.j

I notice a lot of bigger ones on the smaller side..I've yet to land a big bass on the bigger of the ponds..catching this one was awesome he really put up a fight. The whole time I'm like OH YA BIG FISH..BIG FISH BABY..OH DON'T LOSE THIS FISH..COMN..DON'T LOSE IT... I get really excited whenever I catch anything even if it's small...always a thrill

edit: forgot..my gf got the 3+ pounder on the bigger side..my bad :D

Archived