Pay to fish lakes?

RyannLarge

Tangled lines fish farm in allanburg. There used to be some ponds behind Victoria fireworks on Victoria ave you could fish.  I also heard there was a place on hurricane road off of merritville that you could pay to fish. 

9 hours ago, kgm said:

Tangled lines fish farm in allanburg. There used to be some ponds behind Victoria fireworks on Victoria ave you could fish.  I also heard there was a place on hurricane road off of merritville that you could pay to fish. 

Thanks that will narrow down my Google searches. I think the only reason I would leave Canada for would be the carp pay to fish lakes in the UK. They're basically camp sites around a man made lake full of carps, cats, and tench.

3 hours ago, WalleyeChaser said:

Y would u go.to the UK for carp when pigeon lake rice lake and lake o hold monster carp and are all a short drive away with affordable camping. I've seen a few giant come from quinte too... 

And u can catch some pigs around here spot I fish is 15 mins from downtown Niagara 

1 hour ago, smatone2k said:

And u can catch some pigs around here spot I fish is 15 mins from downtown Niagara 

This is true I carp fish where ur bass fishing RL. That one place holds an abundance of fish it's just targeting them with the right bait. Remember that water flows from erie and what's in Erie u can find in their 

Fishing isn't only about catching that monster fish for me. Fishing for me is an adventure and constant learning experience. Pay to fish lakes would be another thing to experience. The ones in the UK are man made specifically for carp/tench/cats with various other species thrown in the mix for balance. So why not drop a few bucks to sit in the shade and fish? 

If you can afford to go to the uk to fish is say do it for sure. That would be killer. But the guys are right, we have some huge carp just in the niagara region. 

I rember going going to a koi farm behind the timmies at hwy 20 and merritville. I think they also had a carp pond. It's worth checking out. You can't miss it if you drove down there. 

On 24/07/2016 at 9:08 PM, Skroads said:

If you can afford to go to the uk to fish is say do it for sure. That would be killer. But the guys are right, we have some huge carp just in the niagara region. 

I rember going going to a koi farm behind the timmies at hwy 20 and merritville. I think they also had a carp pond. It's worth checking out. You can't miss it if you drove down there. 

I know we have some big fish around here and if I were to travel anywhere it would definitely be the UK. I'm on foot or bicycle/ebike mostly so anything within 10km in city are my limits and that's on a good day. Just found a pond I had no clue existed so I'll be trying that pretty soon. Word is the fish aren't big but they're in there. Confirmed species are crappie, carp, catfish, smallmouth, and largemouth. I'd like to start recording my outings so the more experienced anglers can tell me what I'm doing wrong and point me in the right direction.

On July 25, 2016 at 1:01 PM, RyannLarge said:

I know we have some big fish around here and if I were to travel anywhere it would definitely be the UK. I'm on foot or bicycle/ebike mostly so anything within 10km in city are my limits and that's on a good day. Just found a pond I had no clue existed so I'll be trying that pretty soon. Word is the fish aren't big but they're in there. Confirmed species are crappie, carp, catfish, smallmouth, and largemouth. I'd like to start recording my outings so the more experienced anglers can tell me what I'm doing wrong and point me in the right direction.

If the fish are small right now that's ok, just bait the area and they will grow. 

What part art of niagara are you close to? Iay know some spots close to you.  

On 26/07/2016 at 7:23 PM, Skroads said:

If the fish are small right now that's ok, just bait the area and they will grow. 

What part art of niagara are you close to? Iay know some spots close to you.  

I'm right by the fairview. I mostly fish Martindale, Port Dalhousie area, and Gibson if I have the energy to get out that far. I've had luck at Rennie in port, GR on Martindale, and beaverdams by Gibson. I plan on going on a carp trip to the borrow pit pond on Saturday because small or not I'm still keen on catching them.

On July 18, 2016 at 11:34 PM, kgm said:

I believe the last name of the people that owned the place off merritville was Desi. I think they had ponds with Bass, walleye .....all kinds.

On 7/25/2016 at 1:01 PM, RyannLarge said:

I know we have some big fish around here and if I were to travel anywhere it would definitely be the UK. 

the guys from the UK travel here :) carp fishing is far better in north america although we do not get the huge brutes they have in europe.

If you ever plan a carp fishing trip that involves travel check out the st lawrence river / long sault area.

Ontario is a great carp fishery .  They are in the Great Lakes & tribs  as well as small lakes & tribs . Over 40 years ago I mounted a 35 lb. carp that came from Pigeon Lake & a 20 lb. carp in Burnt River near Minden .....Quinte is loaded with them ....the Niagara R.has huge carp , both upper & lower.....Jordan Harbour , Charles D.P ., both pond side and lake side , L.Gibson &12 Mile are loaded with carp ....etc etc etc . I have landed 12 carp in one day at Jordan ....largest one over 30 lbs. .....and just 4 days ago , hooked into 5 carp at Gibson , largest over 16 lbs . 

Ryann.............no need to pay with all those freebees out there   ......B)   

Good fishing .....:Gonefishing:

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/08/2016 at 9:23 AM, smerchly said:

Ontario is a great carp fishery .  They are in the Great Lakes & tribs  as well as small lakes & tribs . Over 40 years ago I mounted a 35 lb. carp that came from Pigeon Lake & a 20 lb. carp in Burnt River near Minden .....Quinte is loaded with them ....the Niagara R.has huge carp , both upper & lower.....Jordan Harbour , Charles D.P ., both pond side and lake side , L.Gibson &12 Mile are loaded with carp ....etc etc etc . I have landed 12 carp in one day at Jordan ....largest one over 30 lbs. .....and just 4 days ago , hooked into 5 carp at Gibson , largest over 16 lbs . 

Ryann.............no need to pay with all those freebees out there   ......B)   

Good fishing .....:Gonefishing:

Like I said it would be a new experience. If anything I'd be paying for the experience not the carp.

• 4 months later...

Archived