Carp were'nt hungry ...

smerchly

Got a good start , but  the bite stopped dead in about an hour .....But  after patiently waiting , I reeled in to check my bait after seeing a few "flicks" on the line ...snagged a small gobie !  They try relentlessly to get the corn off the hair but the maize is too tough for them . This seems to be a year where the gobies are everywhere . 

They seem to be able to "deter" the carp from eating the corn ......

The morning started out great !  First cast & 2 min. later I had my first carp , a real tough girl !  So I thought , this is going to be a killer carp day .  I didn't need to re-bait as the corn was still intact .  Five min.later a strong hard hit & as I grabbed for the rod the line was limp ....reeled in , bait still there .......and that was the end of the show for the day .

Hoping the cooler weather will get them to be more aggressive ......

Well you got one Bill, better than the          stripe.

I was chasing pike yet again....they gots to be somewhere....

but I couldn't find them.

I think the warm spell  has put them off a tad Dan . Yes , they are somewhere... (over the rainbow) .  Me hopes they will restart very soon as the temps drop this week ....and will keep dropping until we drop a line through the ice !   I also saw a couple of large black salmon breaking the surface today ,  maybe lots of them coming in from the lake and spooking the carp .  I picked up 20' of gut line & the hook with a roe bag caught my thumb... it's become a dump there again , beer cans water bottles & junk all over .....same old story .  These people are clueless 

....today they were biting....  :Gonefishing:

Archived