Niagara Outdoor Show ... Sunday, Mar.12

w1w

3 minutes ago, teedee said:

is there anyplace to sit down in there . would love to go but have a back problem and have to sit down for a few min. every so often..

There are always chairs around if you need to sit a spell

No and let me explain why. I've tried in the past with very knowledgable speakers in their respective fields. One example...I went to the Ridgeway Library to listen to Adam Shoalts. About 30 people were there with a book signing, following the seminar and slide show. I really enjoyed his presentation. So did everyone else. He came to the NOS and I had to beg my friends to sit in. A total of seven people attended the seminar. The folks that sat in raved about it. Example two...the last time Melanie Frost conducted a bass seminar...3 people...mother, father and young child. Melanie is an accomplished tournament angler. Both these speakers handled their limited 'crowds' with class, though. Adam had to drive in from Hamilton for those seven attendees. I truly believe that the old days are over. With utube, someone can watch what they want, when they want. My efforts have produced poor results, unfortunately. Also, parents with their kids...it just doesn't work. They come in for Casting Kids. You can't make the child sit there and listen to a seminar. Well, you can try! I have asked some more well known 'names' but it's a busy time of the year for them and this is not one of the bigger shows. Of course, some members may disagree but that is my experience. 

Well I'm sure since it's to help promote small local businesses bring in some local guys that have been fishing for a long time. My cousin is a nys guide and has been fishing ny and Canada since he could hold a rod in his hand. He specializes in Float fishing (centerpin fishing) river fishing for trout and salmon. He may be interested. 

...just some updates. If you haven't taken a close look at the NOS site, Patrick from ontariolures.com will appraise/evaluate older lures if you bring them in, at no charge. Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters (Zone J) will be at the show, doing a draw for a one year membership. Thanks to Kathy Moore for coordinating their participation. Felix Barbetti and Maya Basdeo will be the OFAH volunteers. Maya will be bringing a peregrine falcon and is prepared to discuss falconry with anyone who might be interested. Melanie Frost will have three tables of fishing gear. She usually has some great deals. Wayne Warriner has a table of rods, reels and tackle. Rocky, new this year, has two tables. He's coming in from Port Rowan. I asked him what he's bringing..."a little bit of everything". Another vendor (2 tables) is helping his father-in-law liquidate a lifetime of fishing equipment. Jerry Mitrovich (SCGFA) has secured three tables to sell donated gear from their Tackle Share initiative. For the first time, an overwhelming response has made it necessary to add another 8 table 'island' to accommodate vendors and exhibitors. Richard Dykstra, a gunsmith from Wainfleet, will be displaying three tables of long guns (for sale). Lapp Cycle, a local Honda dealer in Stevensville is a late entry. I'll post some more as the date gets closer.

On ‎25‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 11:38 AM, w1w said:

...just some updates. If you haven't taken a close look at the NOS site, Patrick from ontariolures.com will appraise/evaluate older lures if you bring them in, at no charge. Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters (Zone J) will be at the show, doing a draw for a one year membership. Thanks to Kathy Moore for coordinating their participation. Felix Barbetti and Maya Basdeo will be the OFAH volunteers. Maya will be bringing a peregrine falcon and is prepared to discuss falconry with anyone who might be interested. Melanie Frost will have three tables of fishing gear. She usually has some great deals. Wayne Warriner has a table of rods, reels and tackle. Rocky, new this year, has two tables. He's coming in from Port Rowan. I asked him what he's bringing..."a little bit of everything". Another vendor (2 tables) is helping his father-in-law liquidate a lifetime of fishing equipment. Jerry Mitrovich (SCGFA) has secured three tables to sell donated gear from their Tackle Share initiative. For the first time, an overwhelming response has made it necessary to add another 8 table 'island' to accommodate vendors and exhibitors. Richard Dykstra, a gunsmith from Wainfleet, will be displaying three tables of long guns (for sale). Lapp Cycle, a local Honda dealer in Stevensville is a late entry. I'll post some more as the date gets closer.

...some more updates...the owner of this site will have some of his hand-crafted, Great Lakes Custom Rods. Cliff has reserved two tables to accommodate some of the longer ones. Ugliboys Baits has been a vendor at this show for a long time. They have spinnerbaits, jigs, flies, worm harnesses and one year I think they had honey? Tony has secured one table for a line of jigheads with multiple applications. One couple makes earrings and pipes (medicinal?) from antlers. A returning vendor will have 3 tables of jerkbaits and braided line. For all you Musky guys, stop by and talk to Kyle from Johnston Lures, a Fort Erie company. Jack Hague and Al Custers are back again if you need advice on working with and training hunting dogs. John, another late entry will be bringing worm harnesses. There will be a great selection of tubes, dropshot baits and assorted plastics. Joshua Chemnitz will be tying flies. GearDown Waterfowling just confirmed a few days ago. They're up on the site, now. John Dieroff has been a regular at the NOS for years and he has reserved 2 tables. I did a flyer blitz in Welland, yesterday. Hit a few places in Port Colborne on the way back to Ridgeway including the Reeb House and the S-Bend. Hope you have time to stop by on March 12. See ya there! 

...yeah, Cliff. Nice to have you involved, as the owner of this site. Doesn't hurt that you make quality rods that will be for sale on Sunday. Good opportunity for members to meet you and check out your product. There has been an overwhelming response. We're in our 14th year. Thanx in advance to all the vendors, exhibitors, sponsors and volunteers that make this event possible. For the hunters, there will be broadheads and lots of slate turkey calls for sale. Camo caps (summer/fall colours) are one of the show specials. Oh, someone will have fingerless gloves, too. The gunsmith will be bringing 24 linear feet of rifles and shotguns. I was just talking to Melanie Frost. She has 3 tables of fishing gear and just asked for another one. I'm working on that 'cause we're sold out. One vendor will be bringing over 50 new and used rods. There's lots of new and used reels. Hey, a lot of my equipment is second-hand. In most cases, that's the only way I can afford some of the nicer stuff. Anyways, there will be lots to look at. See ya there!

I should be there, just moved to Fort Erie, I look forward to seeing some old faces

1 hour ago, marth11 said:

I should be there, just moved to Fort Erie, I look forward to seeing some old faces

My mug just turned 74 Joey ........see you there !

2 hours ago, smerchly said:

My mug just turned 74 Joey ........see you there !

Just like good wine, you get better with every passing year.

Archived