PVA Bags

Tyler0420

Does anyone use them? How do u attach them to your line and do they rip when casting out?  Or do you jus put the bag in a sling shot / throw it out?   Yes I'm sure google has all the answers but I'd rather listen to you guys. Thanks 

I am also interested in trying them Tyler , using sweet corn in the bags . I found this short video on how to keep wet corn from eating up the bags too quickly , using salt . It looks easy and would come in handy at some of my deeper carp spots . Lots of other methods to try the bags , hope I can buy the mesh stuff locally !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qppQphEt6_w

11 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

Awesome vid smerch.  Where can we buy that pva packing system?

I will be getting my little pooch some food tomorrow and Peter's is just around the corner . I'll check out the carp section and see if they have the mesh kit . I have the line that melts instantly in water ....will have to do the salt test with it .

smerch, rocksalt works best for that

some guys put there whole rig inside the bag, others use a stringer needle to pull through bag, but simplest for me is to just pierce the hook through the bag, I use korda pva and haven't had one come off yet, just make sure to get a good chunk of bag between hook gap, they work great, usually use pellet hemp and corn or method mix of ingredients

pva mesh is another option

talk to simon at carpkit as frog088 suggested

I use PVA all the time. Korda Solidz solid bags are the way to go ! I find they're the best. Korda is always more expensive, but in some cases, you pay for quality. 

Now before using PVA, and depends on your size, make sure your rod can chuck PVA. my 3lb test curve can throw a large bag about 150 feet no problem. A 2.75 might struggle, but it's possible. 

My usual PVA mix is 75% ground bait, 20% sweet corn and 5% crushed boilies. Always drain the liquid off the corn and make sure the groundbait has dried it off enough. 

Mesh I find is great for shallower water and using larger particle. I use solid bags when fishing deeper water, as I want the bait to be tightly clumped on the bottom, if it dissolves mid water column, it's not gunna be tightly spaced. 

Also, keep in mind that the colder the water, the slower it will dissolve as well. 

And Simon (Carpkit) is the best stop for Carp Fishing gear. I've spent many hours talking with him and have definitely spent too much money there (according to the wife anyways)

Great info Jmo ....as luck would have it my 12' carp rod is  3# .   

I picked up an 8 K bag of dog food today ....$120. ...yikes .....but that helps takes the guilt away when buying fishing tackle  lol

Visited my local tackle shop around the corner and got me some pva bags to try ....already have the line . They also have the spool kit with the netting ....may try that in due time as well . Anyone use a catapult to fire out a pva bag/net full of goodies ?  I get weird ideas sometimes .....

21 hours ago, smerchly said:

Great info Jmo ....as luck would have it my 12' carp rod is  3# .   

I picked up an 8 K bag of dog food today ....$120. ...yikes .....but that helps takes the guilt away when buying fishing tackle  lol

Visited my local tackle shop around the corner and got me some pva bags to try ....already have the line . They also have the spool kit with the netting ....may try that in due time as well . Anyone use a catapult to fire out a pva bag/net full of goodies ?  I get weird ideas sometimes .....

I use my catapult to launch out balls of bait all the time, but I never Fire out PVA bags / mesh. That would get too expensive too fast for me. Just add more crushed boilies / groundbaits or blended oats to make bait balls to fire out. 

HANDY TIP: Make the groundbait balls the same size as the PVA you're using on your line. If it's a lot bigger or smaller some of the spookier carp may catch on. 

On 2017-05-11 at 9:50 AM, frog088 said:

no affiliation with the seller, only that he has everything and is a great guy to deal with.  

http://www.carpkit.com/categories/PVA/?sort=newest

I placed an order Friday at midnight. The package came Tuesday. Easy ordering and quick shipping. I put the goodies to use yestdary and two min in the water had a fish on.  

A476FD7B-82BE-4D05-991A-80212FCA8B77_zpsI chummed the area while I was tying up and you could see fish feeding right away and others on the way over.  

1carp 1cat and after 15min had to leave. Hopefully back at it tonight. 

WTG ....looks like a good size carp ! Couple fins look beat up , prob. from digging a spawning bed .

Using maize , or are those just big kernels from a can ?

gotta get out there soon .......:Gonefishing:  .......going shack/yard whacky waiting for the roofers .....carp rod rigged & wtg....

Jus canned corn on a hair rig. Carp might look bigger then it was.  2-3lbs probably. Hundreds around that size. Gotta be some big girls in there. Theres no where for the fish to go and most ppl don't fish this place.  (Girlfriend did a cleanup the other week here and they found 38 needles.) anyways hopefully I'll find the bigger ones and I'll post some pics. 

Ha....the camera be be deceiving , the carp looks larger than 3 lbs. Love the hair rigs , prob.work for cats too .

"38 NEEDLES" ???  NOT GOOD !!  I'd rather have a barbed hook buried in my foot than a used syringe !  This is what our society has become sadly ....

Kudo's to your girlfriend !   :worthy:

Sometimes it's NOT the camera that deceives the size of the fish .....When Bigugli holds a 5 lb. crappie in his hands , it looks like a mere 2 lbs ....:)

Nice good job Tyler0420 38 needles wow thats bad thats great that your girlfriend picked them up just be very careful it's a shame to see that good thing you found them and not a child good job to you both 

Went out again, the fish wouldn't stop eating my corn. Carp after carp  for an hour. Spent more time baiting the hair then line in the water. I love how they don't swallow the hair rig, hooked on the lip everytime. 

97C9B4FC-D309-4DCE-8F35-252316E30CB9_zps

6B27908C-21BF-4B38-B809-932F56B3DFE4_zps

F489CD03-2FAB-43CC-84E9-B2A18F6B5C24_zps

Your on to them know thats great keep it up the hair rig is great it works good on the big cats as well you don't have to stick your hand down there throat and thats a good thing no harm to the fish always in the lip same as the carp

Archived