Tuesday Carp

smerchly

Nice going there Mr. Smerch.

Maybe you should post your reports on the main forum, like that snagopuss did. Might get more views and replies:dunno:

24 minutes ago, Mike Pike said:

I never let size stop me from posting fish pics.  Otherwise, I'd never have anything to post...  lol

They were hungry this morning Mike , landed six , and even the smallest one hit hard and put out a nice tussle . It would prob. be pretty boring to see all the pictures . I have sometimes put them all together in a collage . (one picture) . ....saves a lots of mouse clicks !

On 2017-07-30 at 8:52 AM, Mike Pike said:

Sounds like they kept you busy Smerch.  Been a while for a six fish day for me.  Funny how the smaller fish tend to fight bigger than their size, eh.

They take advantage of the current in there Mike .....like a kite in the wind  lol.

I did an early run at a new spot today ....too hot to fish after 11 a.m..  Got another 4 ...one outsmarted me and hit while I wasn't watching . Two of them hit the instant the corn hit bottom ....almost pulled the rod out of my hand !   Landing them solo can be a chore ....may extend the handle a few feet ..... Two of them were much darker in colour than the other two ,   same spot ,same depth .....the dark ones both have a blunter head....

...ahhh...save a lot of time posting this way .......:Gonefishing:

pgqhtX5x24APq-aOd82gYbHVGMW-KpP9QQr6Wi6U

1 hour ago, Tyler0420 said:

Colour difference = male/female?

Could be ....I'm darker than my wife .... (fishing tan)  ....:)

I also noticed the variation in tail sizes relative to their body size . The big tails  probably  give them more get up & go !  Got the C.rod ready for action in the a.m. , then a trip out to Minor's for a bag of maize .   :Gonefishing:

Got 3 today...one break off due to not spotting a frayed line from the last carp that came into shore where there are a few rocks . First carp was caught in 5 minutes , 2nd one broke off . they are averaging about 10 lbs .....has to be some lunkers in there ....

Got my 25kg. bag of feed corn ( $10.61 ) ....no tax .   :)

Archived