Does anyone ever go to a fishing lodge?

Jimmy9_1

Just wondering if anyone has ever stayed at a fishing lodge? Looking at staying somewhere that has boat rentals as well as the cottage. I have found a few that we inquired about but if you have first hand experience somewhere and you would recommend it id love to hear about it. Fishing for walleye or northern pike is what we are after. We would go as far as nipissing as well.

Dollars lake island resort is nice. Not a "fishing" lodge but the fishing is good and they have boat rentals. Stayed there for 4 days last summer. Lots of bass and pike and apparently there are lots of walleye as well but I didn't fish for them. Nice accommodations as well

Just got back from Memquisit on the west arm of nippissing.  Fishing was good, but tons under the slot.  Nip is 2 walleye right now over 18.1 inches.  The hammer handles are in abundance, but there is some big ones deeper.   I go for the family tho if it was fishing with the guys I would pick another lake.

1 hour ago, AwolRJ said:

Just got back from Memquisit on the west arm of nippissing.  Fishing was good, but tons under the slot.  Nip is 2 walleye right now over 18.1 inches.  The hammer handles are in abundance, but there is some big ones deeper.   I go for the family tho if it was fishing with the guys I would pick another lake.

Yes AwolRJ  that's exactly the way it's been the past few years I've been there , basically right around the corner from memquisit , butttt don't overlook the decent amount of huge ski's in the west arm , I've seen a few monsters there , but like you said tons of walters under the slot. My friends dad caught a 18 # sheephead  there thou ,broke his rod and still managed to land it !

Shuswap on Nippissing's West Arm is pretty good.  Lets face it, if you are looking for numbers go north of #17.  Chapleau, Folyet, Biscotasi, Agawa are all great areas.

Archived