Newbie, advice extremely welcome

Limey

51 minutes ago, steelshady said:

Upper river is my gem around the Peace bridge, you need waders up there and extreme knowledge of the current since wading is a must. 

Give the bloke time to learn to drive the RIGHT side of the road first .  lol   Wading in that river is not me cup'o tea ,even after over 70 years of chasing fish in the Niagara area .  Maybe start at the Pool  , feet planted firmly on the slippery rocks .   B)

4 hours ago, steelshady said:

Hey Limey,

When it warms up I can take you down to the Niagara river, upper or lower to fish.  I live a few minutes away from Port D, but only fish down there a few times a year as I don't like the crowds.  Upper river is my gem around the Peace bridge, you need waders up there and extreme knowledge of the current since wading is a must. 

Tim

Sounds awesome Tim, thanks very much mate :worthy:

i was looking at chest waders for xmas, i tried some on in canadian tire, i'm a size 8.5 shoe with a 32 inside leg, i found a pair with perfect boot size but the legs were far too short, it looked like i had a kinky MC Hammer fetish :blink:

On 02/02/2018 at 10:58 AM, Limey said:

Great stuff thanks mate, I have seen one of his down at port D, so I'll check out the rest of his stuff.

have you tried his T-turn 3 way swivels? I've got normal 3-ways by danielson (?) but I'm not overly keen on them.

if you fancy a bit of shore bashing in the better weather give me a shout mate, I've got my own transport

Hey Limey 

I've used the T turn swivels and I really like the product I always make sure to have some in my tackle box. 

I'm more or less in the same boots as you there is a ton of great fishable water here in Niagara but I haven't fished most it. I'm planning on going after some popular species this year that I haven't caught yet. Can't wait for spring to start learning more about the lower Niagara river. 

Some advice if your planning on fishing heavily fished areas (Port Dalhousie and Queenston) ... talk to the people fishing there as a starter and observe ... there is a few unwritten rules for "drifting" that vary between the two spots and if you go against the grain, you may cause the regulars to become vocal against you.

49 minutes ago, Snags said:

Some advice if your planning on fishing heavily fished areas (Port Dalhousie and Queenston) ... talk to the people fishing there as a starter and observe ... there is a few unwritten rules for "drifting" that vary between the two spots and if you go against the grain, you may cause the regulars to become vocal against you.

Good advice Snags , Except there seems to be no rules at Port D just combat fishing  :bb2: .   :P

On 2018-02-05 at 7:08 PM, thefrog said:

Hey Limey 

I've used the T turn swivels and I really like the product I always make sure to have some in my tackle box. 

I'm more or less in the same boots as you there is a ton of great fishable water here in Niagara but I haven't fished most it. I'm planning on going after some popular species this year that I haven't caught yet. Can't wait for spring to start learning more about the lower Niagara river. 

Cool, give me shout when the weather has perked up a bit mate ??

Archived