Bay of Quinte

Smash

Headed up to The Bay of Quinte. Been before but never fished. Going to be camping east of Kingston close to 1000 islands. Anyone have any suggestions on what I should be targeting/useing/techniques to get myself into some fish?? Any help is appreciated.  Thanks 

Can you be more specific where you will be fishing ? The B.O.Q. is quite a distance from 1000 Islands . I have fished Quinte many times & also fished the Islands at Gananoque  for big pike .

We bought alewives for pike bait from a bait shop ...many moons ago , a buck a dozen !!  ....used large red & white bobbers near weed beds for the pike . I caught a big channel cat !   Not a big difference than fishing  the BOQ  .

Yes I also fished Gananoque about 15 years ago fora weekend and did really good on the smallmouth using tubes and dropshot rigs with minnow powerbaits .also got a couple pike and walleyes trolling over structure . mainly 10 to 40 ft deep we fished drop offs and shoals .I'd try bottom bouncers dragging a harness for walleyes for sure in about 30+ft .either drift or slow trolled.good luck

Archived