Back Pack

smerchly

I left some shrimp in my carp back pack in a sandwich bag & the "juice" leaked ..... a few weeks ago & it really stunk badly .....even the plastic baggies with my hook rigs stink like a long dead rat !

I emptied the back pack , washed it in laundry soap , hung it outside for a week , and it still reeks .....I won't need the bag until April but maybe someone here

knows of a "neutralizer" to kill this rotten odour ?  

...oh yes ....shrimp cocktail last night !!  ...   :tease:

I know teabags are supposed to be good for stinky shoes Bill, maybe buy a big value no name brand,  worth a cheap shot?

30 minutes ago, Limey said:

I know teabags are supposed to be good for stinky shoes Bill, maybe buy a big value no name brand,  worth a cheap shot?

Yikes Limey .....not a proper thing for an English lad to waste a good tea bag for smelly shoes ?   lol

I have a box of elderly Salada tea bags  I could use (lots of coffee grinds too .

Some guys are using cedar moth balls in the boats , etc., to keep mice away , sure smells nice ...may be worth picking some up at Home Hardware ... should make your shoes rock too !

Smerch, maybe try febreze a couple times over the winter and see. Or maybe some bounce fabric sheets and just leave them in there for the winter, should have the bag smelling nice in the spring.  I use bounce sheets in the boat over the winter to keep the mice out and in the spring it smells like heaven in there.

2 hours ago, Captain Hooksets said:

bounce fabric sheets and just leave them in there for the winter, should have the bag smelling nice in the spring.  

I have a pail full of used bounce sheets in the basement from the dryer ,can dump the whole bunch into the bag !

I've used them inside my shoes when they got wet and smelled like "a rose" . :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, мормышка said:

I'd say its cursed. 

What size is your back pack? If just standard,  I could give you one that I don't really use.

Cursed .....  or blessed , depending on one's schnoz's preferences.....

The "red" back pack is regular size with a few zippered pockets ....just right for carp tackle . I bought a new Woods one this summer , and was waiting for one of my 2 back packs to bite the dust before using it . The time might be close to do that.   haha !  Thanks for the offer M.P.K. 

.....I put about 50 used bounce sheets and 4 new ones inside and zipped it shut . If that doesn't do it , the bag will be toast .

Option #1 - Rent a ozone-ator ... is supposed to remove all odours and such

xOption #2 - Get a hockey bag de-stinker ... all I know is they supposedly take the stench of hockey out of equipment and bags.  Never used one.

Option #3 - Some of the dollar stores sell things like these

1lb-air-sponge-Large.jpg

• 3 months later...
On 1/1/2020 at 11:05 AM, smerchly said:

I left some shrimp in my carp back pack in a sandwich bag & the "juice" leaked ..... a few weeks ago & it really stunk badly .....even the plastic baggies with my hook rigs stink like a long dead rat !

I emptied the back pack , washed it in laundry soap , hung it outside for a week , and it still reeks .....I won't need the bag until April but maybe someone here

knows of a "neutralizer" to kill this rotten odour ?  

...oh yes ....shrimp cocktail last night !!  ...   :tease:

go to walmart and you can get a product that will get rid of the smell. I is for animals droppings or urine. It is for removing biologicals.  Wash out the back pack let it dry 

Thanks for that info Dragon ....funny I just cleaned out about 50  dryer sheets that were in all the pockets all winter . ...smells real perty now ,  and loaded up with my carp toys .    :wub:

Archived