Trout opener

deetch

For now the Glen and The pool are open, the pool was loaded with anglers yesterday morning.  Spoke with some from a distance, they mentioned there is no where to fish and this is the only place.  I hope they let people fish on the opener so that everyone spreads out!

Here are some pictures from yesterday, no fish just high water lol:IMG_1003.jpg

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_1004.jpg

IMG_1001.jpg

22 hours ago, fishforlife said:

Thornbury is closed. Blocked off.  No parking.   

Hate to say it....but if it's a parking area...it should be more than obvious at this point...they dont want people to gather....its going to be the same way at every single easy access spot with a know reputation of being  busy..lol...shouldnt be a surprise after weeks of hearing about it.....simple...dont go to a spot that will be busy...the fish didn't pick the spot because there is a parking lot close by...lol

18 minutes ago, Jwl1 said:

.dont go to a spot that will be busy

.....and miss all the FUN ??  You are a party pooper JW .

Nice to have someone to cozy up to  ......   :P

troutseasonopener.jpg

16 minutes ago, smerchly said:

.....and miss all the FUN ??  You are a party pooper JW .

Nice to have someone to cozy up to  ......   :P

troutseasonopener.jpg

What river is this?lol

1 hour ago, steelshady said:

What river is this?lol

Credit River in Toronto ......  haha

I googled up crowded trout fishing ....went to  "images" ...lots of pictures . This one was on a fly fishing site down in Missouri

Called up to Collingwood to a known tackle store to ask about a couple spots. He said most spots are barricaded off because of park land and others will be monitored closely for social distancing.  The gentlemen also said that the cops and MNR won’t think twice for ticketing people fishing closer than 2 meters.   Oh well for me I will pass on this year and hopefully get up there next year.

Still dont understand why people are fascinated with going fishing at popular busy spots...lol...covid..or not...lots of the places people are bummed about being closed are notoriously busy....why would you want to "plan" going there anyhow even on a good day.....theres plenty of water and fishing spots everywhere that are nice and quiet if you take the time over the years to explore and find them...that's half the fun🎣

It’s more of a tradition for my family and friends.  We have been going there for 35 plus years and the only time I stream fish.  No need for me to hunt for other spots as this is a once a year thing.  I understand being remote is better obviously but the fun of watching people and seeing the same faces and reminiscing with family and friends is priceless.  Many memories have been made on this river.  

2 hours ago, мормышка said:

Remember who CBC works for (funding). Hardly neutral.

The news reports are so inconsistent  !   It's too bad most of the media news supports the left agenda ( $$$ ) .  Hence , we get much of our news first hand from Facebook , etc.  I read news from other sources as well , such as the T.O. Sun , Fox News , and the Daily Mail from the .U.K.....it helps balance the stories. 

Archived