Hamilton Harbour

Steve_Guelph

Cciw has a lot of weeds two weeks ago when I was there. I fished lasalle twice in the last week 3-4 hours each time. No luck.  Seen one small carp caught. Heard of a few being caught. Nothing big.  Pier 8 area I didn’t fish but I was walking around and seen some carp in the marina by Williams. 

I had a quick ten minutes to fish today while my gf got her eyebrows done. I fished by pier 8 in the corner by where the police boats are or opp/minestry or whoever they are. 5mins In I get a screaming run, pick up the rod, couple head shakes and it’s gone. Set back up and sit in my truck. Look at my phone and 7 missed calls from the gf. Packed up quick and headed out. 

On 8/13/2020 at 6:57 PM, Tyler0420 said:

I had a quick ten minutes to fish today while my gf got her eyebrows done. I fished by pier 8 in the corner by where the police boats are or opp/minestry or whoever they are. 5mins In I get a screaming run, pick up the rod, couple head shakes and it’s gone. Set back up and sit in my truck. Look at my phone and 7 missed calls from the gf. Packed up quick and headed out. 

6 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Zero, but couldn’t leave her on the corner downtown Hamilton 😬

......ooober......  :pardon:

....got a pot of maize soaking on the driveway , checked it out with a thermometer ,  110* F.  It will start to ferment if I leave it too long . It's been  soaking for15 hrs ....  time to cookerup !   I  want to have extra maize  on hand for chumming the deeper spots .....

I pulled 2 bags out of the freezer earlier this week because I was planning on getting out on Wednesday. Left them on top of the freezer just found them last night when I went back down stairs. They seem kinda moldy. Lol think they would still work? Or am I better to just toss it and use other bags. 

If it is slimy -sticky and smells bad I would chuck it out . It would stay cold for a couple days before it starts to get that "off " odour . Maybe add some dry oats to it and make  orange size balls for chum .

2 hours ago, DNorton said:

I pulled 2 bags out of the freezer earlier this week because I was planning on getting out on Wednesday. Left them on top of the freezer just found them last night when I went back down stairs. They seem kinda moldy. Lol think they would still work? Or am I better to just toss it and use other bags. 

If it’s moldy I’d chuck it. If it has some fermented odour to it I’d use it

Archived