Fishing Related !

smerchly

Baby , it's cold outside !!  Temperature here at 08:00 was 26*F ....well below freezing ...first frost this season .

The bird bath has thick ice which I couldn't break with my knuckles.....

So ....back to fishing .....the water temps are "diving" quickly and I'm hoping the bite will turn on ! 

Time for the woolies , and decide what fish to target . I have lots of nice live minnows of all sizes . Maybe take a few rods to fish for other species as well .

Got some popsicles for the kiddies tonight  !     🎃

I'm hoping to target trout over the winter at the lower.  From what everyone is saying it should start end of November hopefully.  I'm sure I will  be donating lots of lures and weights to the bottom but that's part of doing business I guess.  Happy halloween ! 

2 hours ago, мормышка said:

only looking forward to ice fishing :coldsmiley: now that gardening stuff is winding down.

That frost sure did a job on my remaining tomato plants and flower plants.

No ice until Dec.15 MopM...   :Gonefishing:

45 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

Nice day to be out today. A lil chilly but doable. Crappy weather tomorrow so no work for me. I’ll be out Carpin. 

You will need rain gear and /or your bivy tomorrow .  Snow would be better .....  🌨️

I may try to get out between the rain drops ....

3 hours ago, smerchly said:

That frost sure did a job on my remaining tomato plants and flower plants.

No ice until Dec.15 MopM...   :Gonefishing:

Supposed to be up to 22* next week. 🤨

I would love to have actual greenhouse so I could over winter my pepper plants. The front killed off 5/6 of the types I have. The one that's left and still look good are my BOF peppers. See if warm weather perks them up again. Too many of them are yellow. Prefer them to go to orange and then red before calling a day with them.

5 hours ago, мормышка said:

Supposed to be up to 22* next week.

I hope they correct it to 2.2*C......   My robust tomato plant leaves wilted , but I think I can salvage a few more dozen to put in the paper bags . I have a green house , but not heated . When it's sunny it gets nice and warm in there on the coldest days . 

Hope we can meet up in your "ice spot" before   the new year . The heavy summer weeds seem to be disappearing ...

I'm with you guys on the pike fishing idea....gotta work it out with the other half and her work schedule so I can have the car to get at it sooner than later.. lol

5 hours ago, Jwl1 said:

I'm with you guys on the pike fishing idea....gotta work it out with the other half and her work schedule so I can have the car to get at it sooner than later.. lol

Can always take the Harley out jack :)

3 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Can always take the Harley out jack :)

Funny ,that just crossed my mind before I read this !  

Have Harley will travel , with saddle bags and longggg aerial   ! 

This week JW ..... looking good for a few toothy/toothless excursions .  :Gonefishing:

On 10/31/2020 at 9:45 AM, smerchly said:

Time for the woolies , and decide what fish to target

smerchly said .....forget the woolies . The weather is as changeable as the weather !  (or new brides' strides )

On the way to my dentist in Beamsville today ,I stopped at Jordan to check the 20 below the bridge at Butterballs . The creek is very low and I don't think the salmon were able to navigate upstream that far . Lake O. is very low ....a BIG change from the past 2 years ! They are doing a lot of road work on the west hill ,shoring up the banks with steel sheets ....one lane closed . 

I think they will SOON need to repair (replace) the bridge there as the rusty rails don't look so good !! 

Jordan Creek.jpg

Jordan bridge.jpg

4 hours ago, smerchly said:

I think they will SOON need to repair (replace) the bridge there as the rusty rails don't look so good !! 

Hopefully they’ll fix it and not just close it off.  
We have had some higher water over the last 2-3 weeks. Hopefully the salmon made it up then. 
crazy how low Lake Ontario is compared to two years ago. It’s gotta be 3’ lower. 

Lake Ont. is much lower now , maybe keeping it down in case there's a big spring runoff from the other lakes .  Water coming down from L.Erie (Niag.R., !2 Mile , Canal etc .) at full capacity doesn't seem to be adding much water to L.Ont . The St.Lawrence residents are happy .

Archived