Just Vaccinated

Mbocco

18 hours ago, Mbocco said:

All vaccinations, mRNA or otherwise do exactly that, albeit in different ways.  Believe me, I’m not a fan of the mRNA idea yet, but all other vaccine styles versus covid have proven less effective.  I do worry that allowing a vaccine to program my DNA is concerning. We can agree on that for sure. 

NO vaccines prevent infection.  I also agree with that 100%.  The vaccine essentially gives you a head start on an immune response once you are exposed. 

So absolutely, vaccine or not you can still be exposed and likely you will eventually be infected.  No different than the common cold most people get year after year.  The hopeful difference is that your body will quickly mount an immune response against covid so that you will either not get sick at all, or perhaps just mildly ill.

Are you contagious when you are not symptomatic?  Not likely to any significant degree.  That’s the value of the vaccine. 

I can agree with a lot of this. What I disagree with is asymptomatic people. These are the people who are actually spreading it. Infection and transmission is going to happen for the first few weeks regardless of whether someone has symptoms or not.

With the survival rate of 99.6% meaning that 4 people in 1000 will die from this, in my age group I am willing to take the risk. My hesitation on having the "vaccine" (which really is not a vaccine in the traditional sense) is that proper clinincal trials were never conducted. I have worked for 3 large pharmaceutical companies throughout my career and the average time to market for any drug is 8 years. Clinical trials occupy most of that time. Phase 3 which is the "testing on humans" phase is a 3 to 5 year process. How this "vaccine" got developed, tested and approved in 8 months means that shortcuts were taken. Now they want to mass inject people with biologicals that haven't gone through the standard testing that *every* other drug has been through? Not happening for this guy.

edit to add: It's not actually programming your DNA. The goal of these mRNA injections would be to give your body the heads up on how to deal with it, similar to adding this years new words to your internal dictionary kinda. My hesitation is not with the actual payload, but with the delivery vessel itself. Without proper testing the long term effects could end up killing more people than covid itself.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To continue the discussion..

As hard as they look they cannot find significant asymptomatic spread.  Of course it happens but all the evidence shows it happens way way less. The news deceives people to believe asymptomatic spread is a huge deal.  It simply is not. 

I also had concerns about the short cuts in the vaccine’s creation at first.   What has actually occurred though is that many of the steps were performed simultaneously which saved years.  There is usually a lot of waiting between steps in the approval process. This was done because of the pandemic but is usually not permitted.  There were no shortcuts in clinical trials.  In fact with the amount of people worldwide who have now received this shot, there has never been a larger sample size!   

Now, in a few years?  Who knows about that and obviously there have been no trials. A valid concern.  Historically however the vast majority of issues appear within 6 months.  We are well past that. 

Speaking of China  (me) .....anyone planning to go to Shanghai , etc. be ready to bend over . They have a  "new" way to test for covid19 ....  and you must "bend over"  ....T.O.Sun today...

"  The Chinese Center for Disease Control says the test is performed with a sterile cotton swab, which looks like a very long earbud, that is inserted 3 cm to 5 cm (1.2 inches to 2 inches) into the anus before being gently "rotated" out."    .....NICE !! ....  :wub:

I hope they get plenty of people who can't hold their diarrhea !!      

Why does the "world" seem to ignore the cause of all this misery , lost  jobs , & billions of dollars damage to so many countries  that was caused by China ? No repercussions whatsoever ?  Just carry on as usual ? Obviously  ,  we fear China as they control our economy and most of the world ....and we buy their vaccines ?.....  The great"reset" makes more sense now ....  

WHO team probing COVID19 origins to scrap the recent interim report on its mission to Wuhan amid tensions between Beijing and Washington. An international group of scientists calls for a new probe.

Because when you investigate a corrupted faciltiy in a corrupted country over a year later by a corrupted medical body, the damning evidence should still be there, right.  :rolleyes:

COVID OPEN LETTER FINAL 030421 (1).pdf (wsj.net)

Not to turn this political, but the Democrats in the US included in their recent stimulus package a return to funding the Wuhan lab.  Remember Trump defunded them. 

Fortunately the Republican house did not approve that and it was removed. 

And Smerch..  the only person in North American history with the balls to hold China accountable is no longer in office....Love him or hate him. 

There was also a Chinese  guy who wanted to warn us how dangerous this Covid 19 was ......

He was shut up quite permanently ......   too bad he couldn't get the word out via the www somehow .....

11 hours ago, Mbocco said:

Not to turn this political, but the Democrats in the US included in their recent stimulus package a return to funding the Wuhan lab.  Remember Trump defunded them. 

Fortunately the Republican house did not approve that and it was removed. 

And Smerch..  the only person in North American history with the balls to hold China accountable is no longer in office....Love him or hate him. 

If you remember correctly, this mysterious bioweapon lab was funded by Obama back in 2015. Trump wanted to send the WHO to Wuhan to investigate why something was released (intentionally?), but both WHO and the lab didn't want inspectors, so Trump turfed funding and WHO support. Why would you fund something harmful without answers that was  the cause of world on "lockdown" and oppressive rules (not laws)?

• 2 weeks later...

Our "choice" of  the jab is expanding as the E.U. endorses the new improved  "Sputnik Vac" ....some to be made in Italy ....then India perhaps ?  It great to have all these " vac." choices (pick your poison) , but  they want to take away your "choice" to  get the shot(s) or simply say "no thanks"  . 

"Russian jabs"  coming to your nearest drug dealer" via our " Liberated governments " 

...from google news today.....

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/3/15/unthinkable-eu-considers-russias-sputnik-v-vaccine 

That’s Europe not Canada.   We would allow a Chinese shot before a Russian one I’d guess.  But for now it’s just the big 3 here in Canada.  Pfizer, Moderna, Astra Zeneca.  Johnson to follow probably. 

Niagara Region  currently is only injecting Pfizer. 

I haven't read all of the comments concerning vaccines, but I'll be the first in line to get mine when the time comes............A lot of medical experts have given their blessing on the approved vaccines.........That's good enough for me...................

On 3/4/2021 at 11:14 AM, Mbocco said:

There were no shortcuts in clinical trials.

Phase 3 clinical is a 3-5 year process in which monitoring of the subjects is performed. How did they do a 6, 12 & 24 month assessment after the injection in an 8 month period? Time machine maybe?

edit to add: I was last involved in HC and FDA regulatory submissions in 2018, maybe things have changed in the last 2 years and nobody cares about mid to long term effects of injected biologicals anymore.

Simple answer ...those who trust governments and "experts" , take the shots ....keep fingers crossed ....

Those who distrust the governments , experts and fake news media  ,  do the mask thing , distance and hand wash ..as also required by those who rolled up their sleeve .

Good luck to both jabbed and unjabbed .....   it's a crap shoot ....  :unsure:

....still covid free and jab free at 78.....as in "freedom to choose"  (old school)

1 hour ago, corey said:

Phase 3 clinical is a 3-5 year process in which monitoring of the subjects is performed. How did they do a 6, 12 & 24 month assessment after the injection in an 8 month period? Time machine maybe?

edit to add: I was last involved in HC and FDA regulatory submissions in 2018, maybe things have changed in the last 2 years and nobody cares about mid to long term effects of injected biologicals anymore.

Phase 3 can take up to 5 years but doesn’t have to take that long.  In their case it didn’t for the reasons I explained above.

3 hours ago, Mbocco said:

Phase 3 can take up to 5 years but doesn’t have to take that long.  In their case it didn’t for the reasons I explained above.

Have you ever been involved in clinical trials and understand what the regulatory submission requirements are for it? Maybe you are just going to ignore the 6, 12 & 24 months submissions. You realize every single one of these medications are officially classified as experimental and not actually approved right? You are part of phase 3 for an experimental drug and not an approved drug.

8 minutes ago, corey said:

Have you ever been involved in clinical trials and understand what the regulatory submission requirements are for it? Maybe you are just going to ignore the 6, 12 & 24 months submissions. You realize every single one of these medications are officially classified as experimental and not actually approved right? You are part of phase 3 for an experimental drug and not an approved drug.

You are missing the point.  All these vaccines have only been given Emergency Approval by the FDA and Health Canada.  Full approval will be forthcoming as soon as April.  

Safety in the SHORT TERM has been clearly established.  It has been tested more than any vaccine in history as evidenced by the massive number of doses given with no more side effects than any other vaccine.  SHORT TERM.  

As I stated, due to massive global collaboration and that many regulatory steps were taken simultaneously, these vaccines came to market faster.

Now LONG TERM, yes who knows.  I also have serious concerns as explained in the above interview.  

No I have not been first hand part of clinical trials, but I have first hand contact with scientists from Harvard who have been part of this process.  I also gather my information NOT from media sources but from my own medical background, as well as other professionals in the field. 

This is not a discussion of whether you should or should not be vaccinated.  Gather accurate information and make your own informed decision.  Just make sure your facts are correct. 

I'm not missing the point at all. Regulatory approval is a serial process, not parallel. Each step of the way depends on the results from the last. How long have you worked in pharma and how many regulatory submissions have you been a part of? For me, a total of 8 years and dozens of submissions as well as 5 FDA audits and 2 HC audits. You're not going to convince me that these biologicals have gone through anything close to the standard process for safety.

You guys can argue the pros and cons forever and not reach a consensus.

But, at age 73, and teaching courses every 2 weeks, even with all the Covid safety protocols I have to follow and can take in my classroom, I still feel I’m at much higher risk than most seniors my age, so I’m jumping at the first chance I can get to be given the vaccine!  In the end, its personal choice, and everyone has to make their own decision!!

2 hours ago, genec said:

In the end, its personal choice, and everyone has to make their own decision!!

I sincerely hope you are right on that one Gene .  As wave #3  makes it's way into this circus , they will be pushing to eliminate  that statement .  Let's hope freedom of choice stays intact in Canada .

2 hours ago, genec said:

You guys can argue the pros and cons forever and not reach a consensus.

But, at age 73, and teaching courses every 2 weeks, even with all the Covid safety protocols I have to follow and can take in my classroom, I still feel I’m at much higher risk than most seniors my age, so I’m jumping at the first chance I can get to be given the vaccine!  In the end, its personal choice, and everyone has to make their own decision!!

I'm with you on this one............Many excellent medical minds have strongly advised to get the vaccine.......I'll be getting mine as soon as I can get it.............I'll take my chances with the vaccine rather than suffering with this deadly virus.......................

Are we now in a 3 rd .wave ?   Will we be going back to last spring's rules  like closing down our parks and boat ramps , etc ??  According to this report  we are headed that way .  But things are different now as people's attitudes are getting hostile . ( I should have asked my pharmacist  today if he had the shot ? (if he would answer honestly)  

The comments on this report are very negative towards her , even accusing her husband of being charged for fraud and being involved in the vaccine "industry" .  It's become a very volatile situation and putting us back in the cage again will not be a good thing ......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P47bufj0lNQ&t=27s&ab_channel=CTVNews

6 hours ago, corey said:

I'm not missing the point at all. Regulatory approval is a serial process, not parallel. Each step of the way depends on the results from the last. How long have you worked in pharma and how many regulatory submissions have you been a part of? For me, a total of 8 years and dozens of submissions as well as 5 FDA audits and 2 HC audits. You're not going to convince me that these biologicals have gone through anything close to the standard process for safety.

Im not trying to convince anyone of anything.  But what I said about the approval process of these vaccines is 100% fact.  Take it or leave it. Make your own informed or uninformed decision. 

If you are to question the science on these vaccines, the big decision to question is Health Canada's blessing to increase the time between the first and second doses to four months. That one is a totally political hail of mary due to shortage of vaccines. They are even delaying the second dose now for front line health care workers as we speak.

Archived