Crappie struggle

Davidp16

The crappie struggle is real lol, I feel like the crappie are evading me at every turn. I've tried everything and everywhere possible like small creeks and under bridges and overpasses. I've been watching YouTube videos on how to catch them for the last month. I'm ready to pay a guide to take me lol, can anybody give a young guy some advice on some stuff? I'm not looking for any spots. Thanks alot everyone :Gonefishing:

Look for some deadfall and cast around it...if minnows wont work use a micro tube jig on a slip float..drag it back to you a couple feet per lift and pause 30 seconds...crappiea are finicky and alot of times its all in the spot...also try early and into the evening with lighted floats...good luck

15 minutes ago, cutthroat dan said:

Try grt  use a small power minnow under float.

Last 2 trips driving past there the parking lot was full .... many people are just star gazing or walking their pooches .

Fish feed looking up. Depending on the weather and water they can be suspended anywheres from 1 ft to just off bottom.  Tuesday they were shallow. I've only been out twice, and yes they have been finicky. Also a lot of small stuff this spring.  Popping a slip float is the best tactic right now.

Crappies also tend to like dirtier water than a lot of other fish. Don't be afraid to fish shallow below your float as the other guys are saying and keep changing your depth until you connect. Slip floats are great for this. Some good systems for crappie are the Grand, Welland, and Martindale systems, as well as Beaverdams/marlatts.

In spots with clearer water, nighttime can also be good as crappies have excellent eyesight.