It took 45 Years

Spiel

So last Thursday I took the boat back to Dunnville, nothing unusual about that.
However this time was very different. Just prior to Covid I reconnected with my childhood friend and neighbour and now post Covid we finally managed to go fshing together, again after a 45 year gap. The fishing post cold front was not stellar but the day, the memories, the conversation.....well in short everything was quite special for both of us.

While the post cold front Walleye would not come out to play with us, the Sheephead finally showed mid morning when the water warmed one full degree F*

The post fishing trip ended with my usual stop at the Country Chip Wagon where my friend (Chris) was happy to treat me to a late lunch.

For me it's never the fish count, it's the memories created and those revisited. 🙂

Here's a few pictures from the day ending with my boy's second ever boat trip, exhausted as he was still wagging his tail.

CandCfishing2.jpeg

CandCfishing5.jpeg

CandCfishing3.jpeg

CandCfishing1.jpeg

Great pictures  , beautiful dog !  You guys look like brothers & I'm happy to see you had a real good day together .  Drum are fun to catch , they fight well , sometimes making one think they have a big walleye on the line .My fishing partner for over 65 years is in a home & I'm unable to visit him as I didn't get the shots. This ended my voting days forever as I'm no threat to him or staff whatsoever . Hopefully , one day we may have some old time converstions about our fishing escapades including  Dunnville cats .

Just now, Spiel said:

For me it's never the fish count, it's the memories created and those revisited. 🙂

That's it in a nut shell Spiel  !    Being 'out there' with the fishing rod and mother nature has  a very beneficial impact on our bodies and mind ! 

Thank You Spiel !  I had a really great day out fishing with you and Gordon !!

Long time since you and I fished together.   Loved the Grand and Dunnville and Country Chip Wagon - First time for all three!!  Lunch for you and I :  $26.00.
 Day out with my childhood fishing friend : Priceless. 
Thanks again for everything. 

1 hour ago, Fish Farmer said:

I know a friend that will put a Sheephead decal on your rod.🤣

I heard they make a good Chowder👍😂

Poor man's red snapper ...... and much cheaper .....  B)

Red Snapper.JPG

2 hours ago, Fish Farmer said:

I know a friend that will put a Sheephead decal on your rod.🤣

I heard they make a good Chowder👍😂

Shall I bring you a bowl full tonight Farmer? I understand it goes well with that Kiddy Kool-Aid, Coors Light  ......  😁