Farm Boy

smerchly

It's only 1km from here , so I did my first visit & was surprised at how large this place is....

The prices are higher on most items but the veggies are better quality & I bought many veggies ( nice asparagus @ $5/ lb) .

I was amazed at the large bakery dept . , pricey but gooood stuff !  And some nice looking fish bathing in chipped ice !  

I was looking at the many types of specialty cereals but could not find any puffed corn ....very expensive stuff for the food buffs ,but I'll stick to my oat based cereals , like "Life" ....with a banana @ $3 per box. 

I will go back there and also find another store for groceries as Walmart here rushes me through the checkout & not enough time to pack my own stuff as they want to force us to use their self checkouts to get rid of cashiers ...They can K.M.A. !    Zehrs is a stones toss away in the same plaza. 

Any Farm Boyz here ? ......btw Bigugli ....hope you had a great day ....and keep your eyes to the sky ....some large black birdies may be eyeballin you ....   B)

We went once several months ago after our daughter told us about Farm Boy, but seemed very pricy, and the veggies are just as nice at our Zehrs, so haven’t been back since.

Got the very distinct impression it is a Yuppie store.

I hear you Gene ,  we have to watch our spending more closely now as prices go through the roof . All 3 of these stores are within a 3 minute trip for us . 

I don’t shop there but once in a while I stop in and grab some hot food/salads or sushi. The stir fry’s are delicious. I usually leave with a 1/2 pie for the ride home lol.  Not always a good place to stop :)  

3 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

I don’t shop there but once in a while I stop in and grab some hot food/salads or sushi. The stir fry’s are delicious. I usually leave with a 1/2 pie for the ride home lol.  Not always a good place to stop :)  

they do have a lot of pastry / fresh cookies etc. I bought some lemon filled pasty things & they were very nice !

Just now, deetch said:

Farmboy Cruffins are fantastic and their Hayder turkey burgers are delicious 

Maybe that's what I bought deetch ....sooo good !  They had a few more flavours to choose.

also got some Polish sausage ...not so great ,too much fat .... I like big Red's kielbossa  more ....:wub:

On 6/24/2022 at 2:39 PM, smerchly said:

I hear you Gene ,  we have to watch our spending more closely now as prices go through the roof . All 3 of these stores are within a 3 minute trip for us . 

Check out "Small Scale Farms"   There focus is local product.

My 'small scale ' farming is a disaster this year . I  grew some tomatoes from seeds & they were growing like a weed with plenty of tomatoes up to 2" in diameter with good healthy stocks . Today , they are all toast ! They just wilted up and croaked !  I have a few more plants elsewhere & should expect some cherry tomatoes  . This is my last year of having a veggie garden . We will keep some perrenial flowers and the rest will be a dew worm lawn . The worms are down deep , don't see any on the brown grass now ....  wife says it is just as cheap and easier to buy veggies considering the work and costs to water a garden these days. 

The worst part is ......it really infringes on my fishing time . Farmers ....here we come !